This job posting is reflective of the Application Systems Analyst essential functions, qualifications, and physical requirements. The Application Developer level has variable essential functions, qualifications and physical requirements. Competency and skill set will determine level of placement within the posted job family.
Mutual of Omaha is seeking an energetic and engaged IT professional to assist with the creation, implementing, and support of technology efforts within the paper and electronic insurance application capability. The ideal team player is a continuous learner who is passionate about technology and who is eager to work in a highly collaborative environment.
Essential Job Functions:
- A continuous improver, always looking to increase efficiencies and remove waste
- Strong collaboration with business partners, external vendors, and I/S peers to support and continually improve our paper and electronic application capabilities.
- Ability to focus on end-to-end process flows, recognizing the view and experience of the customer.
- Enjoys day-to-day challenges with frequent re-prioritization.
- Ability to balance daily execution, short term tactical needs, and strategic roadmaps.
- Effective presentation, verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences.
- This position requires extensive or prolonged typing/keyboarding.
- This position requires sitting over 66% of the time.
- This position requires Visual Acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the time.
- 5+ years of Java and XML application design / develop / implementation
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes in assignments.
- Ability to adapt quickly to new technology and business requirements.
- Awareness of different technologies and technology domains (Mainframe, Client Server, Web. Portal, Cloud, etc.).
- Bachelors Degree in related system and/or business related field of study (or equivalent work experience).
- Knowledge of, and experience with, ACORD data standards, or the desire to learn about the use of ACORD data standards.
- Experience with Life products, multiple distribution channels, and external eApp vendors plus.
- Interpersonal – effective verbal and written communication skills, establishes and maintains interpersonal relationships, and displays strong facilitation skills. Ability to communicate technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Professional – understands and follows corporate standards and guidelines for software development and change management.
- Partnership – demonstrates customer focus and has knowledge or can quickly gain knowledge of: Insurance products, functional and operational processes, business and technical systems.
- Strong customer relations skills (with all levels of internal and external customers).
Job no: 494988