Application Developer and Maintenance in Java J2EE / Unix / Oracle technologies
Role: Application Developer and Maintenance in Java J2EE/Unix/Oracle technologies
Location: Parsippany , NJ
Position Type : Full Time
· Responsible for development and maintenance of java based web as well as Batch application with Oracle Database in Unix/Linux platform.
· Strong Core Java technical skill in Unix platform.
· Java web application development experience in Spring Ver 4.0.
· Oracle application development.
· Basic knowledge of Basic Unix commands, CRON scheduler, Unix Shell scripts, Perl scripts etc.
· Knowledge of Sybase/C/Unix shell scripting would be an added advantage.
Relevant Experience (in Yrs) 4-5 years
Roles & Responsibilities
· Interact with business for business requirements
· Development of High level design document/Low Level design document.
· Attend meetings with Project stake holder like business users, Architecture group and IT group.
· Estimate and design for the assigned unit of work
· Work on small code fixes and deployments.
· Assign work to the offshore team and ensure its completion on time
· Track and mitigate the risks for the assigned unit of work
· Coordinate the acceptance of deliverables with users
· Report status to TCS Project Manager
· Ensure periodic updates to the application manuals
· Review the deliverables from the team
· Facilitate implementation of fixes
· Provide technical leadership and guidance to the team
· Attend weekly status meeting with Offshore and Client Manager /SMEs
· Identity/deploy process improvements idea
· Co-Ordinate User Acceptance Test with Business users
· Support UAT/Production implementation and Post production support
· 20 % of efforts will be required towards Maintenance / support work.