$80K — $100K *
Minerals Technologies Inc. (MTI) is a resource- and technology-based company that develops, produces and markets worldwide a broad range of specialty mineral, mineral-based and synthetic mineral products and related systems and services. The Company has four reportable segments: Specialty Minerals, Performance Materials,
Refractories and Energy Services. MTI provides a business environment and promotes a culture that encourages all employees to contribute to our success. We have long been committed to the recruitment and advancement of the most talented and qualified people. We recognize that MTI’s ability to provide the highest caliber of products and services is enhanced by a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities and countries in which we work.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Application Delivery Manager at our Bethlehem, PA location. Under minimal supervision, the Application Delivery Manager is responsible for overseeing the transaction processing group within technical support. This group is responsible for the enterprise database systems and transaction processing systems that form the basis of our computer systems. This responsibility includes transaction processing security, resource monitoring and reporting, and the development of specialized programs. The Application Delivery Manager coordinates transaction processing software issues with other IS organizations including applications and operations.
1. Manages and directs the transaction processing group including setting
priorities, coordinating, and reporting of group activities. The Applications
Delivery Manager is responsible for the daily activities of the members of the
database applications group.
2. Provides senior technical leadership to IS and the enterprise including being
conversant with the future direction of transaction processing systems, how
that direction will impact the enterprise, and how future and current systems
can be exploited for the benefit of the enterprise.
3. Serves as a source of documentation and standards to help direct the
activities of IS as a whole.
4. Works closely with other groups to coordinate plans and activities including
coordination to facilitate specific development projects that involve the
database and on-line processing, the coordination of software upgrades, and
the installation of new transaction processing programs, as well as
transaction processing programs developed externally.
5. Attends development and design walk-throughs.
6. Provides weekly and monthly reports on transaction processing performance
as well as forecasts of future utilization.
7. Recognizes and identifies potential areas where existing transaction
processing policies and procedures require change, or where new ones need
to be developed, especially regarding future business expansion.
8. Presents at local and national user groups.
9. Publishes articles describing both the enterprise's activities and assessments
10. Participates with the hardware and software vendor and others to engage in
bet and beta and field testing of relevant application changes.
11. Performs at or above the enterprise's Information Systems performance
12. Fulfills departmental requirements in terms of providing work coverage and
administrative notification during periods of personnel illness, vacation, or
Other Duties & Responsibilities
1. Other duties as assigned
1. Actively participates in the implementation of sustainable improvement
processes, such as 5S, Kaizen, Total Productive Maintenance (TPM), Daily
Management Control, Standard Work and Problem Solving.
Note: Management reserves the right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities
to this job at any time.
Qualifications and Experience:
The requirements listed in the sections that follow are representative of the
knowledge, skills and/or abilities required to perform the duties of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to
perform the essential functions (primary duties) of the job.
Education: BS or BA degree in computer science or related field
Valid through: 4/29/2021