At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As a Sr Application Architect within PNC's Retail Consumer Lending Technology organization, you will be based in Pittsburgh, PA, Brecksville, OH or Philadelphia, PA.
The successful candidate will meet the following qualifications:
- Banking and/or FInancial experience is ideal, but not required
- Excellent communication and presention skills, as well the ability to influence others
- Experience creating technical solutions
- Background in technical coding/programming is necessary
- Leads in the overall design of cross-functional, multi-platform, and Web-based application systems; oversees all application system processes.
- Develops application architecture and blueprints aimed at reflecting enterprise business logic.
- Defines application components, platforms, interfaces, and development tools. Directs mapping activities on specific technology platforms.
- Provides technical guidance to application development teams. Consults on integration and conversion activities.
- Conducts reviews, and analyses organizational needs and goals to develop and implement applications.
Manages Risk - Working Experience
- Assesses and effectively manages all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure activities are in alignment with the bank's and unit's risk appetite and risk management framework.
Customer Focus - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions, and ability to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
Job Specific Competencies
Products and Services - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of major products and services and product and service groups; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Industry Knowledge - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of the organization's industry group, trends, directions, major issues, regulatory considerations, and trendsetters; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
APPLICATION DEVELOPMENT TOOLS - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize a variety of specific tools and toolkits for the development and support of applications.
Analytical Thinking - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of techniques and tools that promote effective analysis and the ability to determine the root cause of organizational problems and create alternative solutions that resolve the problems in the best interest of the business.
IT Architecture - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to design and improve organizational IT structures and blueprints in order to better support business operations and efficiently achieve organizational objectives.
Platform Architecture - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of technologies and methods to design processing mechanisms and roadmaps to execute business application systems; ability to design these roadmaps and deploy supportive interfaces for end-users to access related systems, in accordance with standards and processes.
Service Oriented Architecture Technologies - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of the technologies used to enable excellent IT service for business clients; ability to develop, implement and support a variety of such technologies.
Software Process Improvement (SPI) - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of formal software process improvement disciplines, and ability to assess and improve the quality and operating costs associated with an existing application.
RequiredEducation and Experience
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree. Higher level education such as a Masters degree, PhD, or certifications is desirable. Industry relevant experience is typically 8+ years. Specific certifications are often required. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.