Role: Application Architect
Location: New York, NY
This is fulltime perm. job opportunity.
Futures and Options Technology Team is seeking an experienced Java Developer who is technically savvy and looking to learn. As a technical member of the engineering team, the candidate will play a key role in building state of the art tools, web based applications applying technical, design and analytical skills.
* Participate in developing internet-facing and high-traffic websites supporting integration with RESTful APIs
* Participate in developing data-intensive applications using high-volume, low-latency messaging solutions
* Contribute in designing, coding, testing, debugging, documenting and supporting all types of applications consistent with established specifications and business requirements to deliver business value.
* Develop business solutions by creating new, and modifying existing, software applications.
* Design, estimate, document and deliver significant capabilities while effectively working across team boundaries.
* Utilize innovative approaches to solve complex technical problems and apply advanced technical principles, theories and concepts to develop products.
* Carry out the analysis of requirements, interact with business counterparts, mentor junior members of the team, conduct full lifecycle application development, utilize object-oriented Design, build proof of concept with newer technologies and maintain code quality.
* Follow good software development practices (Functional specs, Design specs, Code reviews, Unit Test, Functional Test).
* Write unit testing and integration/End to End testing for functionality developed.
Must Have knowledge (solid):
Languages: Java (1.7 or higher)
Frameworks: Spring, Hibernate
? Good hands on experience with developing Rest Services in distributed environment.
? Good understanding of ESB (Mule or any other ESB technology )
? Good understanding of basic open source framework and should be able to turn around the deliverables using the bank approved OS technology.
? Independent contributor and should be able to complete the give task with minimum supervision.
? Should be flexible to work with offshore team
? Good understanding of Agile concepts and should be able to quickly adapt to teams delivery methodology.
Good to have:
Agile - Developer5+ yrs
JAVA 5+ yrs