We are actively seeking experienced Application Architects to join our team. Within SysLogic, the Application Architect collaborates with customers, business analysts, UX designers, and software developers to analyze, plan, design, and deliver innovative solutions to complex, high-value business problems. The Application Architect defines and develops the emerging solution architecture and ensures that the team is successful within the technical framework; this individual maps project business requirements to systems / technical requirements to ensure they are in line with the enterprise architectural plan and industry best practices, and defines guidelines and enforces standards for development.
- Participate in and lead technology discussions with management, prospects, and customers
- Provide technical leadership to build consensus among stakeholders around proposed designs
- Within the agreed-upon application architecture, define and design technology solutions to assist the business in meeting their objectives. Ensure solutions and new features are designed and implemented according to established design and architectural standards and practices (and, where necessary, facilitate acceptable tradeoffs)
- Document technical requirements and technical designs for new solutions and features.
- Review and analyze detailed business requirements; assist in prioritization and scoping of user stories to align customer expectations with current or future capabilities
- Develop, test, and implement technology solutions and report on delivery commitments to ensure solutions are implemented as expected and to agreed-upon timeframes
- Lead Developers in application design and patterns
- Research new technologies and best practices for approaching and implementing emerging technologies
- Work as part of the Development team as needed
- A systems thinker, able to move fluidly between high-level abstract thinking and detail-oriented implementation; open minded to new ideas, approaches, and technologies
- A data- and fact-driven decision maker, with an ability to make quick decisions under uncertainty when necessary; able to quickly learn new technologies and tools
- History of functioning in the role of Application Architect on 3 or more initiatives consisting of multiple development team members, Product Owners (Business Analysts) and Scrum Master each spanning project durations of at least 6months. Experience would be consistant of someone being in this role for a minimum of 18 to 24months
- Strong background of application development, largely utilizing the Microsoft development stack in an enterprise environment. The level of experience expected would be consistant with someone with at least 6years of large system develpment experience
- Deep knowledge around the selection and defining of appropriate data model strategies within traditional SQL as well as NoSQL or MySQL technologies
- Experience designing large-scale solutions that were deployed to cloud providers (e.g., Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure) and integrated capabilities specific to those platforms
- Understanding of semantic layer design and architectures to enable analytics and reporting efficiencies
- Experience designing and implementing large-scale, highly-available, service-based software systems (e.g., REST, micro-services), especially extensible platforms that support ecosystems of third-party application / plugin developers Experience designing systems that incorporate the following technologies is advantageous: search, SQL / NoSQL databases, big datainfrastructure[KB6]
- Excellent written and verbal communication, presentation, and analytical skills, including the ability to effectively communicate complex technical concepts and designs to a broad range of people
- Experienceworking within a variety of project management methodologies such as Agile project approaches (e.g., Scrum, Kanban, SAFe)
- Experience with the entire Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
If you like the thrill of new projects, but desire the stability of a corporate environment, SysLogic may be the place for you.
We provide salaried positions with full benefits, generous PTO and quality, team focused work environment with a realistic work-life balance.