In order to apply for a position at Lumeris, you must create an account using your email address and a password of your choosing. This account will allow you to receive notifications each step of the way through the job application process. With these updates, you’ll never have to wonder where you are in the process. Additionally, we can easily send pertinent documents to you for your review. Once you create the account, you may apply to any position you feel is a good fit without having to re-enter information. Thank you for your interest in Lumeris.
Application Architect (Remote)Position Summary:
The Application Architect will be responsible for the technical architecture and oversight of a development team’s implementation of full stack open source components built using the latest cloud-based designs. The individual will report to the director of the Engineering Center of Excellence and will matrix with multiple development teams and own multiple components. The individual in this position will generally spend half of their time actively writing code and the other half developing architectures for new components, collaborating with the solution and enterprise architects on requirements, and working with the development team members on mentorship and code reviews. This position is highly autonomous, Application Architects are considered the most senior members of the active development team and are largely expected to set their own agenda to accomplish the goals of the overall engineering organization.
The ideal area would be St. Louis, MO. However, this is a remote position indefinitely.Job Description:
- Works with assigned Dev Teams to scaffold applications architectures and then ensure the best practices are adhered to in areas such as unit and integration testing, CI/CD, documentation, security, cost analysis and software design principals.
- Works with Product Owner on estimates and justification of non-functional requirements and helps explain overall business value of chosen application architecture. Assists in the development of multiple delivery options if required to meet delivery timelines.
- Works with Hosting Architecture to ensure the hosting maturity model and all hosting non-functional requirements are met.
- Works with team’s Principal Developers to complete all required architecture documentation and represent the component in the Enterprise Architectural Review Board.
- Actively engages with the solution package Solution Architect on overall component design, testable requirements, and cost estimation.
- Briefs Dev Manager and stakeholders on overall team technical strengths and weaknesses and helping manager to identify resource gaps.
- Actively participates in the Engineering Center of Excellence [ECOE] ceremonies and engages with ECOE team members on ECOE priorities and best practices.
- Designs all applications using ECOE approved reference implementations and best practices guidelines where applicable.
- Promotes ECOE priorities with the development teams and including ECOE nonfunctional requirements in all application designs.
- Actively develops reusable components, libraries, and platforms and finds opportunities to accelerate development of applications by the engineering teams through adoption of shared components and techniques.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent field of study
- 10+ years of experience in software engineering
- 5+ years as a technical lead or architect
- Comprehensive understanding of current application architecture and enterprise architecture patterns
- Self-starter that has a drive to learn new technologies and lead a team to adoption of new technologies
- Ability to provide examples that demonstrate advanced problem-solving skills in a software development environment
- Demonstrated comprehensive understanding of open source development tools and methodologies and has current knowledge of recent industry trends
- Proven experience leading teams designing complex software applications using best practice design patterns
- Demonstrated history of full end to end application develop including InfraCode, CI/CD pipelines, Unit and Integration testing patterns, and comprehensive documentation
Must be able to provide examples of:
- Experience with major cloud platforms such as AWS and serverless application design patterns
- Experience with a Relational Database such as Oracle, MySQL, SQLServer
- Experience with a non-relational data store such as MongoDB, DynamoDB, etc.
- Experience with RESTful services and JSON
- Experience working with Git or a Git variant such as Bitbucket
- Experience with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, Bamboo, etc.
- Experience with test driven development tools
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- Experienced in all phases of software development
- Ability to write clean, self-documented code
- Troubleshoot problems with applications and services