Kemper currently seeks a full time Application Architect to work in our Jacksonville, FL or Birmingham, AL office with a focus on back end business services for P&C Insurance. In this role you will be responsible for providing architecture leadership across multiple development teams and working with both IT and Business teams to define their architecture roadmap, solution architecture, detailed design, and hands on development. Responsibilities also may include vendor relationship management, product evaluations, strategic platform planning, and ensuring alignment with overall DevOps and Cloud strategy.
- Working with Senior IT and Business Managers to define the strategic roadmap.
- Working with development teams supporting systems for the three P&C companies.
- Collaborating with other members of the Enterprise Architecture team on technologies and approaches.
- Participating in Proof of Concept work to evaluate platforms and capabilities.
- Leading a team through the initial stages of a development program and assisting through the execution phase.
- 8+ years of progressively more responsible work experience in a technical discipline.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services, Cloud migration, DevOps, Infrastructure as Code, Organizational Change Management, and focus on business outcomes required.
- Experience with design, development, and deployment of cloud native solutions such as Lambda, API Gateway, Docker containers, cloud data platforms (DynamoDB, Aurora, RDS).
- Proven experience in designing and developing large scale enterprise applications in a technical development lead role, solution architecture role, application architecture role or enterprise architecture role.
- Must have strong presentation, verbal, and written skills.
- Application performance analysis and tuning experience.