We are looking for Application Architect (Java) for our client in Atlanta, GA
Job Title: Application Architect (Java)
Job Location: Atlanta, GA
Job Type: Contract – 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
“US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time.”
- Client is seeking a highly motivated and qualified application architect. The successful candidate will join a dynamic team responsible for ensuring the quality of the corporation’s important and highly visible projects. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing solution architecture and detailed designs for large enterprise class projects. The candidate must be highly motivated to meet deadlines and to handle technology challenges. The applicant must have a deep and broad experience in providing solution architecture to large projects in a distributed environment utilizing technologies such as J2EE, web services,
- MVVM architecture, and Java script and mobile devices. The applicant must have experience in designing scalable and highly available mission critical applications.
Familiarity and experience with the following technologies:
- Databasetechnologies such as DB2, SQL Server, Oracle
- Integration platforms such as Tibco BE/BW
- Source Code Management and builds processes utilizing continuous integration practices
Skills and Experience Required
- 10+ years of experience designing and developing large systems with the following characteristics:
- Highly available
- With loosely coupled component integration with web services
- An in-depth understanding of Object Oriented Design with 5+ years of experience developing applications and services in a Java environment.
- Experience in large systems design:
Using UML artifacts including the following diagrams:
- Domain model
- Use cases
- Class diagrams
- Sequence diagrams (Interaction diagrams)
- Activity diagrams
- State models
- Using E-R models for database design
- Using Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Practical knowledge of service design and implementation
- Experience in using SOAP and REST protocols
- Use of run-time policy enforcement technologies
- Using multi-threaded and multi-tiered application architecture
- Using enterprise application integration
- Practical knowledge of integration patterns implemented in an ESB product
- Using XML and JSON modeling
- Including message schema design
- Addressing application security and other non-functional requirements
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Flexibility, team focus, and strong interpersonal skills
- Experience throughout the entire project lifecycle with an emphasis on requirements definition and design phases.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Experience in developing standards and working withinternal standards committees.
- Ability to understand the business problem, need, or opportunity and to design solutions.
- Ability to apply appropriate methodologies and Subject Matter Expert (SME) knowledge to resolve complex business issues.
- Ability to tactically and strategically consider all sides of an issue within the contexts of time, breadth, and range of options.
- Business analysis skills needed for requirements definition such as domain model and use case development
- Experience in developing Mobile applications using platforms such as IBM MobileFirst or Cordova
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Automation using products like Jenkins and SonarQube
- Build tools like Gradle and Source control systems like TFS, SVN & GIT
- Familiarity with cloud and container technologies like Docker, Kubernetes and Swarm