Application Architect (Infrastructure)
11 - 15 years experience • Professional, Scientific & Technical Services
About the Opportunity
DMI is seeking a full time Architect (Infrastructure) to support a project that will help to build infrastructuresupport applications.
- In this role, individual will be the subject matter expert in a multi-tenant shared service platform services and integration.
- Design, Develop and Document platform shared services, create integration standards and standard operating procedures.
- Be a liaison between Cloud Infrastructure, DevOps, Security and Application development and Business teams in building solutions with platform services.
- Define plan and roadmap for Application Onboarding to the platforms.
- Build processes, roadmap, and standard guidelines for application onboarding and platform integration.
- Lead operations of executing the cloud integration roadmap.
- Develop, communicate and drive the short term goals and long-term strategic plans and objectives.
- Work with multiple agency and application teams to identify, enable and deliver a scalable, secure, reliable and cost-effective cloud integration solution.
- Establish the governance model for platform shared services model and cloud integration solutions.
- Work closely with the security team and align on security compliance around integration solutions.
- A Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or other related scientific or technical discipline is required.
- At least Ten (10) years of experience planning, designing, building, and implementing IT systems.
- At least five (5) years of the required ten (10) years of experience must be in the direct supervision and management of major projects that involve providing professional support services and/or the integration, implementation and transition of large complex system and subsystem architectures.
- Must have led or been chief architect in major IT implementation efforts. Must demonstrate a broad understanding of client IT environmental issues and solutions and be a recognized expert within the IT industry.
- Must demonstrate advanced abilities to team and mentor and possess demonstrated excellence in written and verbal communication skills.
- At least five (5) years of experience leading the solution architecture and development of large scale cloud applications with technologies and tools such as Java/J2EE, Micro Services, RESTful API's, Integration with Shared Services such as Identity and Access Management, API Gateway, PostgreSQL and Big Data platforms.
- Experience Architecting large scale cloud solutions in AWS cloud platform.
- Working technical knowledge of current systems software, protocols, and standards, including configuration management, change management, LDAP, DNS, data protection, systems monitoring, and log management (SIEM).
- Understanding of application securityarchitecture - ports, protocol, encryption, certificate etc.
- Proven experience in overseeing the design, development, and implementation of software systems and related products.
- Proven experience with systems planning, security principles, and general system management best practices.
- Strong knowledge of software evaluation principles and practices.
- Knowledge of Identity Access Management solutions and experience working on application security integrations.
- Knowledge of Enterprise Service Bus, API , Cloud Security, DevOps, Containers such as Docker/Kubernetes, Log Management, Vulnerability and Risk Management products
AWS Solution Architect or other related Solution Architecture certificate
Experience working in cloud platforms and services such as Amazon Web Services.
Min. Citizenship Status Required : None
Physical Requirement(s): No Physical requirement needed for this position.
Location: Baltimore, MD
Working at DMI
DMI is a diverse, prosperous and rewarding place to work. We provide our employees with competitive benefits, educational assistance, and career growth opportunities. Every employee is valued for their talents and contributions. We all take pride in helping our customers achieve their goals, which in turn contributes to the overall success of the company.
The company does and will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals with disabilities and protected veterans, and to treat qualified individuals without discrimination on the basis of their physical or mental disability or veteran status. DMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Veterans/Disability.