As the technical lead, the Application Architect will develop and implement policies and procedures to ensure applications support the organization’s business requirements and meet the needs of the end users. The Architect will be responsible for defining and articulating an architectural vision, conceptualizing architectural approaches, developing and validating the architecture and high-level solution design against business requirements, and guiding and mentoring development teams on methodologies, processes and best practices.
DUTIES and ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Evaluates, plans, coordinates, and tracks resources (internal and external) and tasks related to application implementation or enhancement.
- Acts as liaison with departments impacted by applications in given application areas. Determines possible system enhancements or new development based on departments’ business needs. Coordinates the training of user departments on new applications and procedural responsibilities.
- Provides assistance to other project managers in designing system enhancements or new systems; ensures technical direction is understood and implemented appropriately.
- Assists in development and publication of user manuals, system prototypes, and pilot applications. Coordinates the training of new staff in all situations where initial and further education is required.
- Provides regular support for existing tools and procedures (7 X 24).
- Identifies and corrects flaws and/or procedural gaps related to applications being implemented. Ensures quality of enhancements or new procedures developed by team members.
- Supervises daily project tasks.
- Leadership: Knowing when to focus on the details or taking a step back to look at the big picture and evaluating an issue. The architect enforces engineering methodology, reviews engineering design packages and drives to minimize technical exposure and risks on projects.
- Promoting a Passion for Technology: The Application Architect is expected to evangelize best practices for application engineering, component re-use, architecture design and technical standards, while maintaining an awareness of new/emerging technologies and their potential application to existing service offerings.
- Collaboration and Ingenuity: The Application Architect drives the solution architecture model and ingenuity is crucial to the problem solving and critical thinking skills required to craft successful results.
KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS:
- Demonstrable leadership skills: mission, intellectual maturity, emotional stability, consultative supervision, and record of attainment through others.
- Project planning and tracking using MS-Project;
- Proficient in the project management process with an ability to efficiently lead the technical aspects of multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written) and above average listening skills.
- Capable of coordinating and directing outside resources technically with ability to delegate and follow up, with an emphasis on adherence to deadlines.
- Ability to hold effective meetings with strong presentation skills.
- Ability to proactively identify business issues, research options, and recommend solutions.
- Knowledge and understanding of technical concepts and direction with an ability to program, test and document.
- Proven team player in a fast-paced customer service driven environment.
WORK EXPERIENCE and/or EDUCATION:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- 7+ of progressive experience in Information Services with prior experience leading scope and communication of technical projects.
- 8+ years of application development and integration experience using .NET technologies (C#.NET, ASP.NET, WCF, Web Services).
- Experience with Microsoft .NET Framework (4.x).
- Experience in full development lifecycle phases.
- Familiarity with various requirements gathering techniques.