Do you believe businesses should have a bigger ambition than short term profit? If you do, join DLL’s mission. You’ll be part of a team that gets the right tools into the right hands. A team that understands the heart and soul of our partners’ business. A team that provides original financial solutions to sustain success for generations.
DLL Canada invites you to share in our success by joining our IT Department. We are hiring an experienced Application Architect. The Architect is responsible for bringing best practices around software development lifecycle and architecture. The Architect will work with the Solution Architect to design solutions with a business focus, ensuring the correct alignment of technology with the business needs. In addition, he/she will provide governance so that technology solutions comply with the architectural strategy and standards.
Day to day:
- Provide leadership during the solution development process to ensure bridging of the gap between business problems faced by customers and benefits available from IT solutions and services.
- Seek deep understanding of business function(s) and required capabilities.
- Design high-quality architectures that align technologies with business needs and are consistent with enterprise technology standards.
- Work with SMEs and Scrum Master to define appropriate stories for development team.
- Work with the development team to ensure technical queries are addressed in a timely fashion or escalated appropriately.
- Ability to be hands-on to provide guidance to development team, and work with ScrumMaster to facilitate solution delivery.
“Our values are not imposed from the top but built by the members themselves.”
- Bachelor's degree in Computer science or related field
- Minimum 5 years architecture/solution design experience using Twelve-Factor App Methodology, micro-services, SOA & GOF design patterns
- Work from home options
- Experience with designing serverless cloud applications on either Azure/AWS/GCP.
- Ability to problem solve
- Ability to effectively collaborate with clients, peers, technical teams, and management
- Ability to facilitate and moderate collaborative work teams
- Experience in Development of standards, process, technology and information diagrams and business cases
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills
- Experience with Scrum and DevOps
- Experience with Jira/Azure DevOps, Source Control (Git/SVN) and CI/CD tools
Preferred Skills/Experience (Any of these is a plus):
- Knowledge of other Agile approaches: XP, TDD, Spotify etc.
- Experience with Salesforce or other CRMs
At DLL, you will deal with the constantly changing needs of our business and our partners. To make sure we succeed, members must look to the future and adapt to the present. That is why we also encourage members to seek out the best skills across all our offices. The more networked we are as an organization, the more effective we can be at seeing more than a customer and working harder as a partner.
All members enjoy:
- Two working days per year volunteering for a local charity
- Bonus plan
- Working from home opportunities
- Flexible hours
- Career development opportunities: online learning, member development programs, Tuition reimbursement program.
- Outstanding Medical, Dental, Vision and Paramedical benefit programs
- Employer paid defined contribution Pension plan
- Industry leading Vacation package
- Subsidized Gym membership programs
- Employee Referral program
- Open concept modern working environment.