Arrow’s Discreet Manufacturing team is hiring an Oracle Application Architect.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Work closely with stakeholders to design and document requirements and solutions that align with business needs and are consistent with architectural vision
- This role partners directly with the business teams to identify, architect and deliver critical projects that leverage the latest technologies to build and enhance applications.
- This role is involved in providing end user support including resolving incidents logged by the business users
- Provide support to users and assist with troubleshooting application & business process issues.
- Identify, document, develop and support the design, creation and maintenance of and integrations between internal and external sources within the IT applications to support critical business functions
- Coordinating with different client applications teams for their requirements to provide a common interface.
- Follow and enforce software development guidelines and best practices to improve products/services or processes
- Identify opportunities for adopting new technologies to solve existing needs and predicting future challenges
- Coordinate and drive multiple disciplines to successfully deliver initiatives
- Identify and provide insights into risks and potential failures and drive to resolution
- Typically resolves complex problems or problems where precedent may not exist
- Guides others in resolving complex issues in the specialized area based on existing solutions and procedures
- Participate in system-level tests responsible for comparing actual results with expected results.
- Coordinate with business users and external vendors/partners to manage and maintain all IT related systems, including stable and accurate production instances like Oracle Applications.
- Provide solutions to complex problems aimed at achieving business outcomes.
- Analyze and research new and existing products, procedures, processes within the IT space
- Communicate project status and coordination of IT improvements.
- Provide recommendations around how to leverage the IT systems to improve operational efficiencies
- Perform other duties as assigned based on business needs: i.e., special projects, Enhancements etc.
- Acts as a mentor for colleagues including team members and partners with less experience.
- Serves as an expert in multiple disciplines
What We Are Looking For
- Strong sql query building skills with the ability to review and troubleshoot PLSQL packages
- Experience gathering requirements and solution design as it relates to Oracle Discrete Manufacturing, BOM, Inventory, Advanced Supply Chain Planning and Order Management
- 8 to 10 years Oracle Development experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in CS or related field.
- Provides informal guidance to junior staff
- Works with minimal guidance