GD Information Technology (GDIT) seeks a Principal Web Developer with advanced knowledge in applying in-depth sustainment support of enterprise network cyber defense capabilities to prevent sophisticated cyber threats and vulnerabilities, or detection of them when prevention fails. Node.JS, Python, PERL, and REST experience are a must. Other supported technologies include Splunk, ExtJS 4, MySQL, and Microsoft SQL Server, HTML, and CSS.
Functional duties consist of:
- Providing application development and technical support for that support Cyber Security operations.
- Providing technical consultation in new systems development, new package evaluations and enhancements of existing systems.
- Developing and maintaining custom web-based tools, scripts, and integrations between Cyber systems.
- Developing and implementing Splunk advanced queries, data collection scripts, dashboards, and reports.
- Developing documentation on new or existing systems.
- Developing and conducting tests to ensure systems meet documented user requirements.
- Identifying, analyzing, and resolving system problems.
- Providing guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff.
- May serve as a technical team or task leader.
- Serving as liaison with clients, participating in meetings to ensure client needs are met.
- Maintaining current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participating in special projects as required.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training or work experience.
- 8 years of software web development.
- TS/SCI clearance with willingness to obtain and maintain CI Poly.
- Security+ or other DoD Approved 8570 Baseline Certification.