SIG has an opening for an Application and Technical Support Engineer in our New York City office.
In this role you will gain exposure to the trading business while supporting the technologies and technical framework essential to its operation. This framework spans across our trading and market data applications, as well as desktop, networking and telecommunications environments. You will also have the opportunity to participate in technology projects and initiatives taking place across the firm.
The ideal candidate will
- Have strong customer service skills to act as a liaison between traders, business units and other technology groups. This team is highly collaborative and partners with multiple technology teams to resolve urgent issues that arise throughout the trading day.
- Be technically curious and excited about the ability to manage and support technologies in a fast paced trading environment, while providing solutions to our end users.
If you are looking for an opportunity where you can leverage your technical expertise, business knowledge and flex your tinkering spirit, apply today!
What we’re looking for
- 2+ years of experience in application support and desktop/systems administration required
- Foundational knowledge of relational database management systems required
- Basic Windows and/or UNIX experiencerequired
- PC hardware and software installation and troubleshooting skills preferred
- Must be able work well and troubleshoot quickly in a fast-paced, time-critical environment; knowledge of financial industry and/or trading room supportexperience a plus
- Powershell and/or Python scriptingexperience a plus
- Bachelor’s degree or technical diploma from an accredited technical school strongly preferred