Application and Systems Manager - Mining
Blue Line Talent is looking for an accomplished Manager of Applications & Systems for a large equipment services organization in the mining industry. We seek a Applications & Systems Manager with strong mining construction/aggregate application experiencepreferably with crushing and screening equipment. This is a direct hire role with excellent benefits, work from home supporting North America.
About the Client:
• A large global engineering company.
• Benefits include comprehensive healthcare, generous 401(k), and bonus plan.
Location: Work from home from any US location near a major airport
Position Title: Manager of Applications & Systems - Aggregates - USA and Canada
• Provide expert advice and guidance on the proper application of crushing and screening equipment.
• Day to day supervision of the Application & Systems Engineers - Aggregates in the USA & Canada.
• As a member of the distribution management team, participate in the development and implementation of defined sales and market share growth strategies.
• Assist the Directors and DMs in assessing and developing sales opportunities and insure activity plans are properly executed.
• Participate in the development and implementation of market area key account programs and relationship building activities.
• Establish performance targets and perform development reviews for team members.
• Perform monthly and quarterly reviews of team member’s activities to insure annual targets are achieved.
• Provide technical and application support, guidance and advice for potential new installations and to optimize existing installations.
• Analyze crushing circuits to make qualified recommendations for new machinery and equipment selections, new or changing applications, circuit creation and/or circuit improvements.
• Periodically participate in plant audits with distributor and key account personnel.
• Assist the Distribution Managers and training department as a trainer/instructor in application techniques and provide guidance for training materials including interactive web-based training.
• Analyze end customer’s production requirements and assists in the development of plant flow simulations and layouts.
• Collect and analyze field data for existing machines, new product launches, prototypes and provides resulting data to the business lines.
• Provide special attention and guidance for production and performance warranty fulfillment and risks.
• Mechanical aptitude, creativity, innovation, and strategic thinking.
• Make salessupport, technical problem solving or trouble-shooting site visits with Company and distributor sales and support team.
• Provide guidance for liner selection including review and approval of application data forms (ADFs) and the related inventory requirements of crushing circuits.
• Assists in the response and pricing process for complex equipment proposals (RFIs & RFQs) required by the distributor network.
• Support the service support team in the timely response to problem resolutions and proactive failure prevention.
• Make product and services presentations to key accounts and distributor crushing specialists.
• BS degree in an engineering or technical subject
• 5+ years' progressive applicable industry, company, and productexperience.
• Keen understanding of mining construction/aggregate applications, the industry, and customers.
• Understanding of third party distribution processes.
• Advanced proficiency in the Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint and Access).
• Exceptional verbal, written, and listening skills to facilitate presentations.
• Experiencewith crushing and screening equipment.
• Effective presentation skills to manage internal and external interfaces
• Ability to travel frequently +/- 40% or more, occasionally on short notice.
• Stable record of direct employment
• MSdegree in an engineering or technical subject.
• Additional pertinent post graduate credentials.
• Expert knowledge of broad range of crushing and screening equipment and consumable products.
• Strong understanding of construction/aggregate applications, the aggregate industry, and customers.
• Business development and relationship oriented.
• Experience in mining plant maintenance.
• Experiencewith mining equipment maintenance, repair, upgrades, and operation.
• Experiencewith mining equipment - mills, grinding, linings, loaders, etc.
• Can work from any US locationwithin commuting distance to a major airport
• Not available for Corp-to-Corp, no third parties please
Blue Line Talent is a member of NPAworldwide, your connection to premier independent recruiting firms located across 6 continents.