This opening is in our Kawneer North America (KNA) business and is based in Harrisonburg, VA. We are the leading manufacturer of architectural aluminum products and systems for the commercial construction industry. Kawneer is part of Arconic’s global Building and Construction Systems (BCS) business unit, which manufactures and markets architectural systems and products in North America, Europe, Asia and the Middle East.
The Application Engineering Services Supervisor, will be responsible for leading the application engineers in Harrisonburg on our KNA Major Projects team. The team is designed to minimize cost, satisfy customer requirements, and maintain schedule/
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Manage / Schedule Application Designers with day to day activities;
- Support Project Manager’s and Customers when technical issues escalate;
- Work with the KNA Major Projects manager on strategic plans;
- Insure manufacturing operations receive correct & proper information to fulfill forecasts and shipment dates;
- Liaison with the drafting, engineering and takeoff processes;
- Organize and manage field support with our customers during product testing and project installation;
- Attend Advanced Quality Plan meetings with Manufacturing facilities;
- Lead L1 meetings in KNA Major Project Manager's absence.
Major Activities and Key Challenges Include:
- Possess high customer service skills and demonstrated results;
- Possess a strong understanding of building industry and basic engineering/product knowledge
- Responsible for quality/process improvements
- Coordinate schedules to ensure projects are completed on time;
- Coordinate with outsource vendors on both price negotiations and schedules;
- Participate in the onboarding / training of new hires in the group;
- Responsible for IDP's, mid-cycle, and end cycle reviews;
- If needed, perform calculation packages for in-house projects;
- Proficient in C-Beam, MathCAD, Aluminum Design Manual, Building Codes;
- Ability to solve complex design issues while balancing schedule demands;
- Team oriented and able to teach principles of engineering and application of product;
- Offer department improvements to improve efficiency and lower lead times using ABS processes.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution;
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the Construction Industry;
- Minimum of 5 years of engineeringexperience;
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hiring. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Bachelor's degree in Architecture, Engineering or Construction from an accredited institution;
- Minimum of 3 years of supervisory/management experience;
- Possess a Professional Engineer (P.E.) License;
- Experience working with Unitized Curtain Wall systems;
- Knowledge of architectural systems, preferably Kawneer products.