The Application Analyst II – Patient Accountingsupports the implementation of UHS applications. Monitors the resolution of maintenance or enhancement issues assigned by the UHS Customer Support Center. Designs new or determines modifications to existing applications that will effectively accomplish desired objectives. Provides technical support to UHS entities as needed. Coordinates work assignments given in order to meet deadlines and ensure continued progress toward assignment completion. Shares experience and expertise with other members of team.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Researches and resolves Customer Support Center Tickets including major application upgrades.
- Provides system change management support to the Reimbursement team and other UHS employees, facilities and CBOs on contract, payer or regulatory changes and/or enhancements, adhering to UHS Service Level and Change Management Policies.
- Provides on-callsupport as scheduled.
- Establishes and maintains regular communications with user community.
- Supports system upgrades and effectively communicates system functionality changes to end users.
- Supports system modifications for Medicare/Medicaid reimbursement for several states.
- Works closely with operations to modify the Cerner system for any payment methodology modifications including fee schedules, DRG, APC, Per-Diem, Case Rates, Percentage of Charges and/or Outlier Reimbursement
- Maintains all system-wide Financial Classes, Insurance Plan Codes and Transaction Codes and confirms that team members complete each assigned portion of the system build
- Performs quality reviews on all system modifications and manages daily workflow thru UHS Incident Ticketing System
- Creates Tip Sheets/How To Documentation, when applicable, to support new functionality of system, workflow modifications, or modifications to current build/design.
- Regularly meets with users, vendors, and IS staff to develop/modify system specifications.
- Designs solutions for applications and prepares the appropriate documentation.
- Participates in the development of test data, system testing and documentation for all phases of the application development life cycle.
- Three or more years of Information Systems experience and a minimum of three years physician office experience or Patient Accounting/Revenue Cycle experience or a combination of education and experience that provides the skills and abilities necessary to perform this job.
- Working knowledge of system application implementation, enhancement and support methods and practices.
- Comprehensive working knowledge of computer systems analysis and programming techniques and procedures, including: consulting with users to determine hardware, software or system functional specifications; design, development, documentation, analysis, creation, testing, coding, debugging, or modification of computer systems or programs based on and related to user design specifications.
- Working knowledge of IS standards and quality methods and metrics.
- Working knowledge of project management methods.
- A good working knowledge of Patient Accounting and Revenue Cycle and experience with CMS billing and reimbursement guidelines, CPT codes, qualifiers and venue-specific code appropriateness.
- Understands reimbursement methodologies for all acute care facilities and physician offices.
- Preferred experience with Cerner ProFit application or other Revenue Cycle application General familiarity of user business practices, concepts and terminology sufficient to support the applications.
Travel Requirements: 5 – 25% domestic US travel (depending on projects).
This opportunity provides the following:
- Challenging and rewarding work environment
- Growth and development opportunities within UHS and its subsidiaries
- Competitive Compensation
- Excellent Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Drug Plan
- 401k plan with company match
- Generous Paid Time Off