Our operating philosophy is as effective today as it was 40 years ago: Build or acquire high quality hospitals in rapidly growing markets, invest in the people and equipment needed to allow each facility to thrive, and become the leading healthcare provider in each community we serve.
Headquartered in King of Prussia, PA, UHS has more than 81,000 employees and through its subsidiaries operates more than 320 acute care hospitals, behavioral health facilities and ambulatory centers in the United States, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and the United Kingdom.
The Corporate IS Department is seeking a dynamic and talented Application Analyst II – Clinical Systems.
The Application Analyst II – Clinical Systemssupports the implementation of UHS Clinical Applications in a Multi-Entity, 20 plus Acute Care Hospital Environment. Monitors the resolution of maintenance or enhancement issues assigned by the UHS Customer Support Center. Works with the Information Services Clinical Applications team to evaluate the design and determine modifications to existing applications that will effectively accomplish desired objectives. Provides technical support to UHS entities as needed. Coordinates work assignments given in order to meet deadlines and ensure continued progress toward assignment completion. Shares experience and expertise with other members of team.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Researches and resolves Customer Support Center Tickets including major application upgrades.
- Adheres to UHS Service Level and Change Management Policies.
- Provides on-call support as scheduled.
- Establishes and maintains regular communications with user community.
- Regularly meets with users, vendors, and IS staff to develop/modify system specifications.
- Supports the implementations of applications and prepares the appropriate documentation.
- Performs system testing and documentation for all phases of the application development life cycle.
- Performs Q/A on application functionality.
- Adheres to appropriate UHS Project Management standards.
- Ensures strict adherence to work plans, reporting all serious deviations to management.
- Assists with the training of users in operating procedures for application.
- Coordinates project team member activities to achieve common objectives.
- Working in conjunction with a project manager, monitors project plans. Tracks project status, issues and progress.
- Three or more years of Information Systems experience.
- Knowledge of system application implementation, enhancement and support methods and practices.
- Working knowledge of computer systems analysis and programming techniques and procedures, including: consulting with users to determine hardware, software or system functional specifications; design, development, documentation, analysis, creation, testing, coding, debugging, or modification of computer systems or programs based on and related to user design specifications.
- Knowledge of IS standards and quality methods and metrics.
- Knowledge of project management methods.
- General familiarity with user business practices, concepts and terminology sufficient to support the applications.