One of the nation’s largest and most respected hospital companies, Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS) has built an impressive record of achievement and performance. Steadily growing from a startup to an esteemed Fortune 500 corporation, UHS today has annual revenue nearing $10 billion. In 2017, UHS was recognized as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune; ranked #276 on the Fortune 500, and listed #275 in Forbes inaugural ranking of America’s Top 500 Public Companies.
Our operating philosophy is as effective today as it was 40 years ago: Build or acquire high quality hospitals in rapidly growing markets, invest in the people and equipment needed to allow each facility to thrive, and become the leading healthcare provider in each community we serve.
Headquartered in King of Prussia, PA, UHS has more than 81,000 employees and through its subsidiaries operates more than 320 acute care hospitals, behavioral health facilities and ambulatory centers in the United States, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and the United Kingdom.
The Corporate IS Department is seeking a dynamic and talented Application Analyst I-Infrastructure.
The Application Analyst effectively supports multiple projects in a large scale technical environment. Demonstrates strong project management, problem analysis and troubleshooting skills. Uses verbal and written communication skills required for problem definition and resolution. Performs and documents Information Technology activities. Participates in the preparation and maintenance of project budgets. Obtains quoted; orders equipment/devices; maintains equipment/device status reports; and communicates with other teams and leadership. Consistently meets deadlines; coordinates activities with IS vendors/teams; and directs delivery of equipment/devices to facilities.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Supports the implementation of multiple projects with local IS departments for establishing specific project schedules; meeting project budgets; and, directing the work of project team members in a matrix environment.
- Evaluates and selects supporting vendors.
- Travels to ensure quality and integrity of work being performed.
- Ensures projects remain on track, on time, and on budget.
- Assigns and coordinates resources for projects both internal and external. Works with outside vendors to define technology and cost requirements, designs alternatives, and project schedules for new and existing projects.
- Participates in planning.
- Participates in project status meetings with multiple personnel across different technical teams.
- Provides consistent and comprehensive status reports, project updates, and ongoing cost analyses.
- Performs significant issue management/resolution.
- Communicates appropriate project information, usually at the executive levels.
- Must have basic understanding of blueprints, floorplans and related architectural systems.
- Strong project management, analytical and problem solving skills –with the ability to multitask especially planning, tracking, execution, risk and issue management as it relates to multiple complex projects and initiatives.
- Proficient in knowledge and application of Microsoft Office applications and Adobe.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to work in teams with a collaborative interpersonal style.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to effectively document procedures.
- Ability to work weekends and after business hours.