Application Analyst - EPIC Procedure Orders
Less than 5 years experience • Patient Care
About Vidant Health
Vidant Health, located in eastern North Carolina, is a comprehensive health system that is made up of 8 hospitals that serve 1.4 million people in 29 counties. Vidant Health includes Vidant Medical Center, community hospitals, physician practices and partners that collaborate with Vidant Health to enhance the quality of life of our patients.
Information Services at Vidant Health
Vidant Health offers comprehensive Information Technology (IT) services and infrastructure to support and enable all aspects of organizational operations. Our IT division consists of a state-of-the-art data center located in Greenville, NC. The data center services all information technology needs of Vidant Health facilities. All Vidant Health owned or leased hospitals are on a common IT platform, including our electronic health record (EHR) that uses Epic's suite of applications. Vidant Health has achieved Meaningful Use Stage 2 recognition and is also approaching Stage 7 for HIMSS Analytics’ Electronic Medical Records Adoption Model (EMRAM) recognition.
This position is responsible for the implementation, enhancement, and support of the EpicCare Inpatient Clinical Documentation and Procedure Orders, Stork, HOD, integrated clinical solutions IMO, Elsevier CPM, Krames Staywell and GE Centricity Perinatal software applications following industry standards and best practice. The analyst will be required to define requirements, system design, analysis, build/configuration, testing, implementation, documentation, and support the applications that meet the specifications of a project or service request.
Key responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Takes initiative to meet with end users for ongoing review of workflows associated with approved enhancements or system changes.
- Performs the evaluation, testing, and implementation of defect patches, system upgrades and releases according to the Information Services support model and change control procedures.
- Evaluates and recommends business process and technology driven enhancement opportunities based on application system upgrades, releases and patches.
- Ability to effectively analyze and resolve simple to moderate issues
- Provides well-written and effective professional and technical documentation.
- Independently manage individual work effort, including developing, executing, and monitoring of a work plan in addition to assisting work efforts of others.
- Stays informed on current market trends and emerging technology developments that impact their application.
- Determines solutions with minimal assistance and makes effective decisions within scope of authority.
- Adheres to change management standards and established Service Level Agreements (SLA) for incidents and requests.
- Demonstrates effective professional verbal and written communication.
- Promotes cooperation and commitment within the team by assisting and working collaboratively with others.
- Holds self personally accountable to meet or exceed team expectations.
- This position is required to rotate on-call responsibilities and is located in Greenville, North Carolina.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or Healthcare related field or relevant work experience required.
- 3+ years of progressive experience in IT dealing with vendor application implementations and support or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Obtains and/or maintains current clinical documentation certification from the vendor and continued education/learning to understand the functionality of the electronic health record.
- Healthcare Inpatient clinical or operational experience preferred.
- Must be flexible in schedule and travel to meet with operational partners.
- Proficiency with Visio preferred.
- Epic Procedural Order Certification required within a specific time of employment.
It is the goal of Vidant Health and its entities to employ the most qualified individual who best matches the requirements for the vacant position.
Offers of employment are subject to successful completion of all pre-employment screenings, which may include an occupational health screening, criminal record check, education, reference, and licensure verification.
We value diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Decisions of employment are made based on business needs, job requirements and applicant’s qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information and testing, family and medical leave, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other status protected by law. We prohibit retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint.