Montefiore Medical Center has redefined healthcare. Through our multidisciplinary approach, we are able to provide access to a wide variety of medical specialties for a full range of clinical services, ensuring seamless coordinated care for our patients. Our IT organization is comprised of over 800 IT professionals, all focused on our mission to improve patient care with information technology. Our EMR platform, Epic, supports our collaborative team-oriented environment and contributes to our becoming one of the nation's premier healthcare systems. This unique team approach infuses camaraderie among physicians, nurses and other specialty care providers, and the business and technology teams across our organization. Together, we are focused on supporting the way we share patient information across clinical providers and business systems users, with the goal of making each patient’s experience seamless and patient-centered.
We are seeking an Application Analyst for our Epic Prelude/ADT team.
ADT/Prelude manages all access points for patients across the Montefiore Health System enterprise. This key module also supports numerous other project, enhancement, and testing initiatives along with new functionality introduced each quarter. Data from ADT/Prelude is critical to inform Press Ganey surveys and scores.
- Install new applications, new components, and upgrade existing applications. Configure application settings and validate configurations performed by Application Analysts.
- Define go-live and rollout supportschedule. Assist in the coordination of field support activities. Provide go-live and rollout support.
- Support users on new applications, modules, and functionality.
- Oversee analysis of necessary application modifications and work with the appropriate Montefiore IT associate or the vendor to coordinate the modification.
- Provide advanced application troubleshootingsupport for the application(s).
- Resolve critical issues independently as necessary. Forward issues to the correct group for remediation, or elevate it to the vendor if required.
- Review Application Analysts’ resolutions and solutions for accuracy and completeness.
- Determine how a new system, upgrade, or new component can best meet the needs of the users:
- Analyze business/clinical needs and requirements.
- Interpret end user requirements, by fully discussing potential options, and help client move towards optimal solution.
- Utilize extensive knowledge of the system to reveal potential issues related to user requests.
- Evaluate the operational workflow that is applied to the system.
- Create system specifications from user requirements.
- Create test plans and test new systems, version upgrades, and any system modifications.
- Document all outcomes of testing. Review Application Analyst’s test plans and documented outcomes for consistency and thoroughness.
- Design database queries and create reports utilizing a report-writing tool.
- Application implementation, troubleshooting, and support.
- A minimum of 3 years working in a clinical, healthcare business, or technical position
- Knowledge of admission, discharge, and transfer workflow is needed or other EPIC certification will be considered
- Programming or other technical skills
- Strong desktop skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Ability to organize one’s work, plan and prioritize, work to a scheduled list of deliverables, maintain an issues list, and record decisions for future reference
- Application implementation, troubleshooting, testing, and supportexperience is preferred
- Experience dealing with end users
- Analytical and problem solving abilities
- Communication, interpersonal and rapport-building skills
- Presentation skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
MEETING ALL REQUIREMENTS FOR EPIC CERTIFICATION IS A CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT
Department: Montefiore Information Technology Bargaining Unit: Non Union Campus: YONKERS Employment Status: Regular Full-Time Address: 4 Executive Blvd, Yonkers
Shift: Day Scheduled Hours: 8:30 AM-5 PM
Req ID: 99369