Bowhead seeks an Application Analyst / Developer to join our team in Rock Island, IL at the Rock Island Arsenal. The Application Analyst / Developer will apply specialized skills and expertise using object-oriented design programming, source code control practices and application security, authentication, and content management functions in a fast-paced software development and production maintenance team environment.
Requirements • BA/S in Computer Science, Computer Programming or Web Design preferred though relatable degrees may be considered for the highly qualified candidate.
• An additional two to five (2-5) years’ work experience in a professional developer position is required.
• Experience with database and data system development, and maintenance of testing, staging, and production-level network environments as well as software development and maintenance is required.
• Experience with N-Tier methodologies and Bootstrap is a plus.
• Intermediate to advanced level skills in Microsoft Office software suite - Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
• Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and outside contacts.
• Strong interpersonal skills and good judgment with the ability to work alone or as part of a team.
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Must be able to successfully pass a National Agency Check with Local Check (NACLC). US Citizenship is a requirement for NACLC clearance at this location.
Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and/or random drug screen, and must follow UIC’s Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program requirements. If the position requires, an applicant must pass a pre-employment criminal background history check. All post-secondary education listed on the applicant’s resume/application may be subject to verification.
Where driving may be required or where a rental car must be obtained for business travel purposes, applicants must have a valid driver license for this position and will be subject to verification. In addition, the applicant must pass an in-house, online, driving course to be authorized to drive for company purposes.
UIC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. In furtherance, pursuant to The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act 43 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq., and federal contractual requirements, UIC and its subsidiaries may legally grant certain preference in employment opportunities to UIC Shareholders and their Descendants, based on the provisions contained within The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act.