The clinical analyst is a member of a cross-functional team where teamwork, collaboration, challenges and continuous learning are the norm. The position works under the direction of the eRecord Clinical Application Coordinator.
Primary goals of this position include:
- Improving operations
- Standardizing processes across facilities
- Gaining workflow efficiencies
- Improving patient care
Primary responsibilities of the position include:
- Recommending, planning, evaluating and translating clinical practice/operations into electronic content and workflows using the OnBase and RightFax systems for Strong Memorial (SMH) Hospital, Highland Hospital (HH), FF Thompson Hospital (FFT), Ambulatory care, and affiliates.
- Coordinating projects and activities
- Providing effective communications
- Interacting with a diverse team as well as the Hospital and Medical Center management and staff
- Must be very knowledgeable of organization’s policies, procedures, and clinical operations.
Position requires successfully achieving (and maintaining) OnBase and/or RightFax certifcation(s) appropriate to the application the position supports.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Completes the functional design and build of the OnBase and RightFax clinical system by performing in-depth analysis and facilitating development of integrated workflows
- Collaborates to seek resolution of system issues or conflicts for points of integration, and communicates risk implications to team lead/project manager
- Manages all phases of assigned tasks/projects; meets established deadlines and maintains flexibility while managing multiple priorities.
- Reviews requested enhancements; prioritizes and implements requested changes to the system.
- Collaborates with the project team, subject matter experts, training and technical teams to effect system changes that reflect an in-depth understanding of the business and end user requirements while also considering impact to integrated components and standardization.
- Acts as a participant in the rapid run process for upgrades for OnBase, RightFax, eRecord and other connected systems, coordinating the activities of the application for testing, presentation to CA group, build and testing.
- Takes the initiative to identify and resolve complex issues. This includes independently executing creative solutions with minimal guidance.
- Utilizes issue tracking tools such as Sherlock and Service Now
- Participates in, and/or maintains standards for:
- System build to include following naming and numbering conventions and security classifications
- Clinical database/spreadsheets for the system build
- Change control—adhering to organizational policies and procedures
- Demonstrates effective communication and problem solving skills. Builds relationships and effectively communicates with the project team, key stakeholders, and physician practices.
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Education Required
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline.
- Preferred degree Computer Science or Healthcare
- Previous support of Windows systems, 3-4 years of related experience;
- or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with SQL and understanding of Servers, Databases, Network and/or Faxing technologies
- Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Displays a solid technical aptitude and has an understanding of computer systems and IT functions
- Clinical experience (minimum of three years) in health care setting, preferably within HH, SMH, FFT, or Ambulatory care.
- Strong attention to detail, ability to develop creative solutions to complex problems, and develop critical thinking skills.
- Strong communication, team work, and follow-up skills.
- Attend or lead meetings utilizing effective meeting management methodologies
- Familiarity with Meaningful Use (ARRA) as well as HIPAA, JCAHO and other regulations that impact clinical practice.
- Works to be an ICare Champion Displays a solid technical aptitude and has an understanding of computer systems and IT functions
- Skilled in using Microsoft software: Office, Vision, SharePoint
- OnBase or RightFax certification(s) specific to the application