AppDynamics is an application performance monitoring solution that uses machine learning and artificial intelligence (AI) to provide real-time visibility and insight into IT environments. With our unique AIOps solution, you can take the right action at exactly the right time with automated anomaly detection, rapid root-cause analysis, and a unified view of your entire application ecosystem, including private and public clouds. aUsing AppDynamics, you'll finally align IT, DevOps, and the business around the information that helps you protect your bottom line and deliver flawless customer experiences at scale.
About the role:
This position will report to the company's Deputy General Counsel and will assist in driving commercial transactions in North America. AppDynamics' software monitors the applications, servers, databases and other technology of companies to help troubleshoot and optimize performance. AppDynamics' licenses its software as both on-premises and software-as-a-service to enterprise customers in North America with an emphasis on supporting the East sales region. This position is based out of AppDynamics' New York, NY office.
- Mentor and train junior lawyers within the transactions team.
- Negotiate complex software license agreements in accordance with Legal Playbook and company risk tolerance.
- Handle a significant number of emails daily but also have the self-discipline to focus on 7-figure transactions with leading Fortune 500 companies.
- Respond promptly to requests from internal clients; summarize and communicate legal risks in a way that business people can understand.
- Assist in the continuous improvement of standard form agreements and the Legal Playbook.
You are a highly qualified Senior Corporate Counsel with experience in technology licensing to join our innovative and business-savvy legal team.
- New York bar admission with 5+ years of relevant experience at a law firm and/or in-house (the ideal candidate will have both law firm and in-house experience).
- Extensive experience negotiating complex software license agreements, vendor/supplier contracts and reseller agreements for technology companies.
Desired Skills and Characteristics:
- Exceptional contract negotiation and drafting skills, with the ability to negotiate multi-year, multi-million-dollar license agreements with the world's largest enterprises.
- Willingness to train and mentor junior lawyers.
- Great teammate with strong work ethic who is comfortable working in a dynamic environment and with other internal teams like engineers, junior and senior sales representatives, product managers, marketing teams, etc.
- Focused attention to detail and ability to work independently.
- Clear communicator able to communicate complex issues in a clear and simple manner both in writing and verbally.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills and desire to make legal processes more efficient.
- Client-centric approach to handling complex legal issues, while demonstrating grace and a positive attitude under all circumstances.
- Excellent business judgment.
- Familiarity with Google Docs, Gmail, Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat Pro, DocuSign and Salesforce, but we will train a person who has experience with similar tools or a willingness to learn.