The Design Director for Women’s Training and Run will be responsible for the driving design strategy for these categories. The Director will oversee and synergize innovation and drive the best product mix for our diverse end-uses – Women’s performance and Co-gender Run. As our Women’s Training & Run design leader, you will drive your team to success with passion, integrity and motivation. We are an authentic brand that pushes the envelope every day; Innovation is a key part of our success. We are looking for a leader who brings a strong point of view built on your own inspirations and ideas. This Design Director must have the ability to forge strong partnerships with his/her creative peers to create – from concept to reality - compelling and fresh stories that speak to the Women’s Training & Run market and tie to our brand stories as appropriate. This position will report into the Senior Creative Director for Women’s Apparel.
What does this opportunity give me?
- Challenge. Fast growth company with the goal of being the best in the world.
- Ownership. Contribute a strong point of view to the Brand.
- Innovation. Never hear, “This is how we’ve always done it.”
- Inspire. Create compelling apparel graphics
What will I do at UA?
- Define future opportunities and develop comprehensive business plans to maximize revenue potential.
- Budget for, build, inspire and mentor a strong and unique team of apparel designers focused on creating brand right and trend right Women’s Training & Run lines that are fresh and on-calendar.
- Manage calendar including turn times and catalogue drops. Refine and sharpen this model.
- Analyze competitive landscape and user segmentation to develop a strong product roadmap.
- Delegate internal and external requests to ensure all areas of the business in regards to Women’s Training & Run are being looked after and handled properly in accordance to Under Armour standards.
- Interact cross functionally with senior leadership in Design, Merchandising, Footwear, Accessories, Brand and otherinternal teams to ensure that the Brand is building a cohesive strategy across multiple areas of the business.
- Come to the table with a strong point of view on creative issues while still having an open ear to opinions and suggestions.
- Travel to vendor base both Far East and Domestic at least twice each year
- Market travel both domestic and international.
What does UA need from me?
- BA or BFA in Apparel Design
- 10+ years of Designexperiencerequired, preferably in the sports industry
- 5+ years of management experiencerequired
- Must have a strong knowledge of performance and/or Women’s Training & Run apparel
- Must be 100% up to date and proficient professional graphic design programs, i.e., Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop on Mac platforms.
- Garment construction and textiles knowledge, including price points and merchandising needs
- Exceptional hand illustration skills
- A continued understanding of the market as it relates to graphics in performance sports and fashion
- Create design solutions that meet consumer needs and also reflect our overall brand message and aesthetic