Non-Essential Job Functions:
- Assist and mentor technical team members with technical inputs.
- Assist the Team Lead and Manager, Integration (HL7) in team building activities including recruitment, coaching and facilitating meetings.
- This person will be expected to work diligently to meet project timelines. From time to time, this person will work with Team Leads and Managers to ensure that the timelines are met and solution is developed as per the architecture. Periodically, this person will be required to work overtime. This position requires rotating off-hours (on-call) operations support. This person will be responsible for the timely submission of timesheets.
- BS in Computer Science/Information Systems or Engineering or equivalent experience
- HL7 Interface hands-on development utilizing Mirth interface engine technology
- Design and develop interface solutions according to the project scope, scalability, portability, and best development practices given constraints such as limited client resources, time deadlines, and technological impediments.
- Development of interfaces that have included ADTâ€™s, Orders, Order Status Updates, Add-on Orders, Results, Charges and Transcription. This includes real-time interface spooling, archiving, traces, connectivity, client/server configuration, pseudo connections, routing, mapping, filtering, translations and error exception handling.
- Authored or maintained technical documentation used for all phases of integration: analysis, design, development, unit testing, integrated testing, go-live support, change control and downtime procedures.
- Strong knowledge and skills that support communication protocols and standards for HL7, X12 and XML
- Strong knowledge of batch processes and configurations involving polling, automation and scheduling
- Ability to monitor integration engine performance, logs, databases, connections and disk usage
- Ability to successfully apply modifications to existing interfaces to enhance functionality or improve integrity
- Ability to successfully perform integrated testing and moving the applicable test environment interface components to the production (live) environment adhering to formal change management requirements.
- Ability to ensure test and training environments sustain a high level of synchronization and integrity with the production (live) environments.
- Fundamental knowledge of networkarchitecture (TCP/IP communication layer), servers, redundancy and clustering
- Work with Project Management and Business Analysis Teams to translate interface requirements into a well-defined project scope.
- Demonstrate excellent analytical, logical reasoning, problem solving, verbal, written communication, teamwork, and interpersonal skills. This includes consistently providing accurate estimates.
- Must be a self-starter and should be able to initiate and complete assignments with little to no supervision.
- Strong knowledge of various SDLC methodologies and working knowledge of IT Service Lifecycle Framework such as ITIL V3 Foundations.
- Proficient in Transact-SQL and/or PL-SQL coding including stored procedures, triggers, indexes, cursors, functions, etc.
- 3+ yearsâ€™ experience with HL7 messaging standards, Mirth, and other integration engines.
- 3+ years of experience in performing high and low level project analysis and design.
- Familiarity with SQL server queries, stored procedures, triggers experience a plus.
- Healthcare registration, financial, and clinical system experiencepreferred.
- Experience with Tool Command Language (TCL) and Java Script programming a plus.
- Working knowledge of VBScript and DOS batch files processing.
- Lead or participated in successful installation or upgrade of an integration engine, including risk analysis, testing, monitoring, and evaluation of the anticipated outcomes.
- Experience with a multitude of interface connectivity methods such as HL7 socket communications, FTP file transfers, screen and printer scraping, and internet delivery.
- Experience leading medium scale enterprise wide projects to successful completion.