Provide application support with specific focus on the technical features of the applications in the Fund Services and Technology organization. Share the responsibility for performance, reliability and optimization for all areas of assigned applications. Function as one of the key contacts for the organization on all production issues during the individuals shift. Expected to develop a high level of expertise on all facets of assigned applications including but not limited to the physical and logical infrastructureassociated with assigned applications. Will work with application development, database and systems specialists for additional support when required to supplement and expand their knowledge. Expected to lead the analysis of root cause factors that impact the reliability, accuracy and efficiency of assigned applications with a primary focus on the development and implementation of prioritized initiatives that eliminate dependencies placed on the Development organization. In addition, candidate will be responsible for developing and creating formal documentation; including capacity and growth management, configuration management, and regular formal reporting on system performance and health.
Break Fix, Maintenance and Implementation Support
- -Proven experience in following and operating within the framework of the software development life cycle (SDLC)
- -Perform unit testing and/or other test cases based on project needs
- -Understanding of assigned applications, functional and technical, in order to support bug fixes, minor enhancements and other project support needs
- -Provide implementation support including but not limited to code deployment and feature verification
- Facilitate Root Cause Analysis (RCA) efforts (prioritize problems, identify and validate RCA) and if needed document and identify work-arounds.
- Ensure problems (and/or System Defects) are appropriately logged in the central repository
3. Systems Health / Performance Monitoring
- Develop and facilitate continuous monitoring of core system functions
- Proactively research and escalate any abnormalities in order to mitigate system issues and/or downtime
4. Event/Crisis Management
- Based on the immediate need participate, lead or coordinate efforts around Event Management
- Based on the immediate need participate, lead or coordinate troubleshooting efforts to resolve application outage in a timely manner
- Communicate status of research to interested parties and ensure documentation is up to date
5. Incident and Error Management
- Triage Incidents and errors with the Business Support Team in order to create short term solutions to restore service.
- Document incident and error handling procedures in the teams knowledgebase
- BA/BS Degree in Computer Science and/or related workexperience
- 5+ years of Financial Services industry experience (Preferably Tier 2/3 System Support or have a Development background)
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Strong analytical and logical thinking skills
- Strong SQL/PL SQL in ORACLE and/or Sybase
- Knowledgeable of Java, C++, Visual Basic, Unix and any other specified or required programming languages a plus
- Attention to detail
- Experience writing technical specifications, preferably at a financial services company.
- ITIL Foundation Certification (not mandatory but a plus)