Role Summary/PurposeThe APM Functional Consultant - APM Foundation & Asset Strategy SME - Services is part of BHGE APM professional services practice and requires Reliability Engineering subject matter expertise. Responsibilities include supporting customer projects, delivering Asset Strategy / APM foundation reliability services, training, advising customers on work process and system configuration options. Techno-functional aptitude is required in asset management or reliability methodologies such as RCA/RCM/FMEA/RBI/SIS.
Essential ResponsibilitiesIn this role, you will:
- Leverage industry experience, equipment knowledge, software know-how, and customer satisfaction skills to deliver world class predictive analytics and monitoring solutions to assigned customer accounts
- Provide Asset Strategy / APM foundation consulting in the areas of RCM/FMEA, RBI, reliability analysis and improvement identification
- Satisfy a customer’s maintenance planning requirements by applying practical knowledge of how to implement Maintenance Plans, Maintenance Items, and Task Lists
- Able to translate technical/functional concepts into processes and configuration
- Responsible for the successful implementation of Meridium work processes and products in the customer sites
- Apply the APM work process to customer opportunities using Meridium products
- Lead RCM/FMEA facilitation and working with customers to successfully implement these recommendations in their work management system
- Making sure all the functions and modules are successfully marketed within the client companies as well as successfully installed and used
- Train the client on the Meridium domain work process, software implementation of the work process and the application of the work process
- Work to develop relationships with client team members and leverage these relationships to help the client achieve success
- Assist client project teams by helping define and maintain direction, tactfully preventing clients from taking a “wrong turn”
- Provide unique knowledge to the client through understanding the capabilities of the Meridium applications; understanding the functions of the modules; understanding the various ways to implement our products; learning and understanding their business requirements
- Accountable for the overall relationship with the client through building relationships; managing client expectations; and understanding goals
- Invest functional expertise and technical knowledge to improve company standards and procedures
- Bachelor’s Degree in process/mechanical engineering or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) or equivalent. Masterspreferred.
- 10+ years’ field experienceworking with Reliability Methodologies, APM skills such as FMEA, RCM, RBI, SIS in Oil & Gas, Mining or high capital-intensive industry.
- The candidate must have the ability to analyze the data collected, facilitate failure analysis (RCM, FMEA), make recommendations based on the findings and integrate these recommendations into the customers maintenance work management system.
- Proven track record in successful project execution for reliability improvement initiatives or large CMMS implementations such as SAP PM, Maximo, Indus or other enterprise systems
- CRMP or CRE-ASQ certification (or equivalent)
- Implementation/utilization of various software (CMMS, RCM Software, Reliability Software)
- Exposure to enterprise-level large-scale SOFTWARE applications.
- Experience working in an IT environment or consulting organization.
- Able to work cross function/industry to analyze information; Able to present analysis and recommendations to drive strategic decisions.
- Able to define processes and procedures for new business models.
- Has demonstrable expertise and understanding of one or more products. Acts as a resource for others in solution design. Knows best practices which result in higher adoption of solutions based on product capabilities.
- Ability to communicate product capabilities internally and in customer facing situations. Understands regional challenges for each product and develops mitigation strategies for functionality gaps. Can speak to key differentiators between our product capabilities and competing solutions.
- Demonstrates ability to diagnose and solve basic to intermediate issues; Able to isolate moderately complex scenarios down to actionable items within designated job function; Can be utilized to problem solve at customer sites as the BHGE representative.
- Experience in facilitation and developing asset strategies and actions
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills including the ability to lead project teams or work as an effective team member
- Track record of developing positive relationships with customers and building trust and credibility by providing high quality advice and solutions
- Proven ability to successfully plan and manage projects to completion
- Ability to manage multiple projects/customers at the same time
- Desire to learn new software and work processes
- Proven ability to analyze complex problems and develop innovative and flexible solutions
- Ability to work effectively within a highly regulated matrix organization
- Reliability certifications (CRE, CMRP, SSBB, RCM certification, etc.) are highly desirable
- Experience in plant maintenance and/or operations is highly desirable
- Ability to travelinternationally. Approximately 50% of travel
- Influences and energizes others toward the common vision and goal; Able to maintain excitement for a process and drive new directions of meeting a goal in the face of unfavorable odds and setbacks.
- Increases client engagement to further drive the pace and focus required to achieve business priorities and uncover desired outcomes for both the customer and GE; Utilizes business acumen and domain experience to advise the customer on critical success factors for the initiative at hand; Continuously influences the customer to think ahead on what is needed to acquire, deploy, and utilize the solution.
- Demonstrates integrity and trustworthiness; Remains at ease in ambiguous work situations and is open to change; Contributes to an environment where teams are encouraged to reach beyond themselves and connect across constituent groups
- Has demonstrable expertise and understanding of one or more products. Acts as a resource for others in solution design. Knows best practices which result in higher adoption of solutions based on product capabilities. Ability to communicate product capabilities internally and in customer facing situations. Can speak to key differentiators between our product capabilities and competing solutions
- Demonstrates ability to diagnose and solve basic to intermediate issues; Able to isolate moderately complex scenarios down to actionable items within designated job function; Can be utilized to problem solve at customer sites as BHGE representative
- Highly motivated, self-starter with demonstrated relationship management skills and strong emotional intelligence (EQ)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and ability to interface with senior leadership with confidence and clarity
- Serves as a coach/mentor to others on best practices for project delivery and execution; Acts as advisor to others in the area of customer satisfaction; focuses on tangible and intangible benefits to ensure customer awareness and satisfaction
- Recognized as a knowledge leader in his/her area of expertise; Demonstrates ability to solve complex problems bringing definition and appropriate detail to simplify delivery, manage risk, and drive desired outcomes
- Able to adjust information (e.g. level of complexity) and story to align with audience; Produces functional area information in sufficient detail for cross-functional teams to utilize, using presentation and storytelling concepts. Informs stakeholders of key customer issues, identifies potential problems or conflicts and resolves when necessary