Apigee PCF Programmer Developer
Global Consulting Company
Green Card holder or US Citizen ONLY
**DO not apply unless you are a Green Card holder or a US Citizen**
Atlanta Ga Location Chicago, Ill Location Seattle Wa Location
* 2+ years hands on Apigee Experience. (Must have)
* Design, develop, configure, and troubleshoot APIs and policies using APIGEE
* Implement requirements of the API layer like security (Oauth 2.0, JWT, Open Id Connect, TLS), custom analytics, KVM, caching, logging, monetization, request and response mediation/transformation.
* Design and develop API platform to connect to various disparate backend systems for seamless data exchange.
* Team structure is a devops model where we take code to prod and support deployments.
* Ability to setup logging, monitoring and auditing.
* Ability to write Open API spec/swagger.
* Familiar with policies like Soap to REST, JSON treat protection, Regex, assign message, raise fault, etc..
* Build and create shared flows for Error Handling, Security and other scenarios
* Work with the product vendor on issue resolution and enhancements
* Debug Apigee Edge components using the trace tool
* Write Automation Test cases
* PCF Microservices Experience (Highly desired, but will consider with senior level Apigee experience)
* Using Apigee Service Broker in PCF (Nice to have)
* Apigee Engineer Certification (Nice to have)
* PCF Certification (Nice to have)
The Apigee role is a middleware developer that also writes backend Microservices in PCF. The role operates in a Devops model where you are responsible for the code from Dev to Prod as well as the associated test cases. Modern industry standard tools are being used like Jenkins, Apickli, JSLint, GIT. You will be in an Agile development team with like-minded peers.
• Qualifications: 2 – 5 years (1 year min relevant experience in the role); Bachelor's degree
• Should be proficient in Software Engineering Techniques, Software Engineering Architecture, Software Engineering Lifecycle and Data Management.
• Should have progressing skills on Business Analysis, Business Knowledge, Software Engineering Leadership, Architecture Knowledge and Technical Solution Design.
Candidates should be flexible / willing to work across this delivery landscape which includes and not limited to Agile Applications Development, Support and Deployment.
Applicants for employment in the US must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US
Responsible for programming and software development using various programming languages and related tools and frameworks, reviewing code written by other programmers, requirement gathering, bug fixing, testing, documenting and implementing software systems. Experienced programmers are also responsible for interpreting architecture and design, code reviews, mentoring, guiding and monitoring programmers, ensuring adherence to programming and documentation policies, software development, testing and release.
Write software programs using specific programming languages/platforms such as Java or MS .NET, and related tools, platform and environment. Write, update, and maintain computer programs or software packages to handle specific jobs, such as tracking inventory, storing or retrieving data, or controlling other equipment. Consult with managerial, engineering, and technical personnel to clarify program intent, identify problems, and suggest changes. Perform or direct revision, repair, or expansion of existing programs to increase operating efficiency or adapt to new requirements. Write, analyze, review, and rewrite programs, using workflow chart and diagram, and applying knowledge of computer capabilities, subject matter, and symbolic logic. Write or contribute to instructions or manuals to guide end users. Correct errors by making appropriate changes and then rechecking the program to ensure that the desired results are produced. Conduct trial runs of programs and software applications to be sure they will produce the desired information and that the instructions are correct. Compile and write documentation of program development and subsequent revisions, inserting comments in the coded instructions so others can understand the program. Investigate whether networks, workstations, the central processing unit of the system, and/or peripheral equipment are responding to a program's instructions. Prepare detailed workflow charts and diagrams that describe input, output, and logical operation, and convert them into a series of instructions coded in a computer language. Perform systems analysis and programming tasks to maintain and control the use of computer systems software as a systems programmer. Consult with and assist computer operators or system analysts to define and resolve problems in running computer programs. Perform unit testing Assist in system and user testing Fix errors and bugs that are identified in the course of testing.