A prominent, data based global technology firm is currently seeking an API/SDK Developer to join their team in New York. This tech company has multiple focuses, the main one being the creation of one of the world's most widely utilized financial software applications. In this role you will work in a small, dynamic team with some of New York City's top engineers, to solve very unique, large scale challenges.
You will be joining a team building SDKs and libraries in multiple language (primarily Java, C++, Python or C#), allowing developers to create enterprise applications consuming the firm's market data.
- Define client needs and data infrastructure requirements to develop software interfaces consuming the firm's data feeds
- Work across multiple language to design elegant, stable interfaces
- Write solid implementatiosn to back up APIs
- Demonstrate and champion a test-driven mindset
- Learn new programming languages as required
- 3+ years' experience programming in Java, C++, Python or C#, with a willingness to learn the others as required
- Strong computer science fundamentals (algorithms and data structures)
- 3+ years' experience developing multi-threaded solutions
- Experience working on SDKs or other large-scale development libraries is a strong advantage
- Knowledge of network protocols such as TCP/IP and PGM