API Management Infrastructure Specialist
This position provides overall global support to Consumer’s Private Cloud and Cloud environments and API management technologies for the International & Global Operations.
This Individual will work closely with the partner groups such as Cloud Operations, DBAs, and Consumer Development organizations ensuring the health of their applications hosted in CTI’s Private Cloud and Cloud environments.
- Provide thought leadership for Cloud, Distributed & Web technical solutions for Consumer channel.
- Partnering with agile development and application teams to influence application modernization and migration to cloud platforms.
- Collaborate with architects, engineering, client managers, project managers, applications and infrastructure teams to plan and coordinate changes.
- Build and manage the first set of PaaS implementations within Citi
- Manage the technical deliverables for projects to high quality standards.
- When incident contact procedures do not work, act as primary escalation for problems and incidents.
- Accountable for root cause analysis for Severity 1, Severity 2 and chronic recurring incidents.
- Lead the virtual team. Provide recommendations to B/RSLs on team size, structure, and membership.
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi’s Mission and Value Propositionexplains what we do and Citi Leadership Standardsexplain how we do it. Our missionis to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients’ and the public’s trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop to are widely available to all.
- 5+ years of experience in enterprise level IT projects and Rest API & SOA based technologies (IBM API Connect or MuleSoft or any widely adopted solution).
- Implement API management using API management software, to include API proxies, mashups, rate limiting, security, analytics and developer portals.
- Experience with issues facing large scale server environments.
- Development or DevOps background is desired.
- Automation, Orchestration, CI/CD a plus.
- Certification in API/SOA technologies a plus.
- Hands on experience with API management software like IBM APIm or MuleSoft or equivalent.
- Strong Understanding of API Security and Management and services (SOAP/REST/XML).
- Hands on experience in SOA middleware (IBM or MuleSoft or Tibco).
- Experience in HTTP/HTTPS protocol, web services and use of web servers.
- Experience with enterprise infrastructure monitoring tools e.g. AppDynamics, Splunk, and APM.
- Experience working in a converged infrastructure environment e.g. DevOps experience.
- Strong customer and quality-focus is a must.
- Sound problem resolution, judgment, decision-making and influencing skills required.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and project management skills
- Excellent English communication skills both written and oral.
- Self-starter and ability to work in a team environment
- Hard working and self-motivated. Able to work effectively under pressure.
- Ability to manage changing priorities.