Who We Are
We’re Dealer Tire, a family-owned, international distributor of tires and parts established in 1918 in Cleveland, OH. We’re laser focused on helping the world’s largest and most trusted auto manufacturers grow their tire business—in fact, we’ve sold more than 60 million tires to date. We’re a thriving company, and we’re looking for driven individuals to join our team. That’s where you come in!
As an API Integration Engineer, your essential job functions will include the following:
- Develop/Maintain the API product framework(s) to support the needs of the business.
- Consult with API developers and API Product owners on solutions.
- Develop/Maintain API solutions associated with B2B/EDI platforms.
- Maintain, monitor and upgrade the integration platform products to provide stability, scalability and security.
- Design, create and maintain application programs, batch scripts and integration points to meet trading partner requirements.
- Perform system configuration, testing and management for Integration-based transactions and processes.
- Interact with server and network engineering, application development, and database administration functions to ensure availability, reliability and scalability of Integration systems to meet business demands.
- Work with users for the coordination, implementation and communication of the organization’s Integration systems, including data tracking, process audits, service providers, and integration points.
- Responsible for ensuring that Integration related production procedures are maintained and properly executed, including development, change requests, and enterprise integration projects.
- Provide customer support activities to trading partners, business users, service providers and IT staff. Identify potential issues; respond to error messages and participate in troubleshooting/resolution activities. Perform analysis of issues then recommend and perform modifications to Integration systems to improve efficiencies, reliability and performance.
- Responsible for monitoring Integration files to assure successful and timely receiving and sending of data. Participate in design/code reviews to assure Integration team procedures and standards are following (areas include change management, documentation, best practices).
- Develop and maintain Integrations system, process, and training documentation.
- Collaborate with functional and business groups to assure project tasks are completed accurately, timely and with quality.
- Document project tasks for scope boundaries, high-level requirements, and other aspects as needed.
- Assist users of Integration data, documents and processes in the review of business requirements.
- Review technical analysis documents, technical designs, test scripts and test results to verify Integration requirements are understood and addressed completely, correctly and consistently.
- Assist with the reporting of Integration systems performance metrics.
- Other duties assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required and/or equivalent business experience.
- Minimum of 5+ year of API related experience.
- Experience with API concepts and technologies (OAuth, REST, SOAP. JSON)
- Experience with programming languages and techniques (Java, Python, Scripting).
- Various Communication Methods (FTP, SFTP, AS2, web services, etc.).
- Conceptual understanding of data transformation.
- Understanding of Linux and Windows administration.
- Exposure to various file types and usage (X12, EDIFACT, XML, CSV. Flat Files).
- Demonstration of developing improved processes.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Facilitation and negotiation skills.
- Ability to manage in a fast-paced environment to meet business needs/deadlines and adhere to project scheduled with minimal supervision.