ManTech is looking for a motivated and talented individual, who is passionate about innovation, to help us develop a scalable WOA API-centric ecosystem and Enterprise Service Bus with accompanying API Gateways using agile methods.
You will develop and maintain APIs for just about every imaginable type of service. In some cases, you will
be working with software developers to identify, organize, and develop API definitions, and gateways around existing software. In some cases, you will be developing APIs and gateways to set expectations for new capability
development. In most cases, you will be developing facades as RESTful Interfaces using OpenAPI standards. You will work closely with program architects and different lines of businesses in a rapidly evolving environment to define, design, and develop requirements. You will partner with and enable business app developers to evangelize the use of WOA best practices by focusing on scalability, maintainability, and reuse.
To be successful in this role, you must have stellar leadership and communication skills, with an excellent software development background in SOA environments developing services, and thrive at working collaboratively. You will need to learn complex technologies very quickly and manage competing business priorities. This is a great opportunity to showcase and enhance your microservices and API development skills and simultaneously gain intimate knowledge of cyber training products and services.
- Be a part of a select team that creates an API Platform that will service the entire Department of Defense
(DoD). Take your WOA development and design skills to the next level by participating
in the creation of APIs that will be available to the entire DoD stakeholders and partners.
- Use your interpersonal skills to work very closely with application architects, and multiple lines of business to deliver mission critical solutions.
- Work with Product Manager and Analysts to gather requirements and define them into tasks for 2-week sprint cycles.
- Work in an agile environment with competing priorities.
- Develop high quality, efficient and reusable APIs and code.
- Fix bugs and maintain existing platform availability.
- Assisting in defining, documenting and evolving best practices for development, promotion and deployment of
- US citizenship and the ability to acquire a Secret clearance. An active Secret clearance is strongly preferred.
- The ability to work 40 hours per week
- Experience with programming, analysis, design, development implementation, quality assurance and applications support.
- Technical leadership with 15+ years of verifiable experience in software development.
- Experience with Linux software development to include systems programming, python, Flask or DJango
- Experience with Linux package management including deb and rpm distributions
- Experience with Linux power tools to include bash
- Substantial experience with OpenApi
- Experience with OAuth security bindings and SAML SSO
- Experience with ORM and demonstrable ability to compare and contrast relational, object, and document database approaches.
- Working knowledge of Service Oriented Architecture, microservices, and API Gateways.
- Able to work collaboratively, coordinating among cross-functional teams and manage priorities.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written) and analytical skills; strong and demonstrated
interpersonal skills to include influence, negotiation, collaboration and diplomacy.
- Ability to coordinate and work with diverse groups of subject matter experts.
- Ability to work effectively independently or in a team environment.
- Deep understating of distributed revision control systems such as git