Benevity is looking to add an experienced API Developer to our growing, best-in-class, development team. The team you will be joining is building out our next-generation API suite that will enable companies of all sizes to quickly and easily integrate giving and volunteering capabilities in their own products and applications.
Go to Work and Change the World
Looking for meaningful work where you can have an impact? Benevity is the place for you.
We’re a fast-paced (and fast growing!) software company in the business of doing good. Our market-leading cloud solution powers Goodness programs that help some of the world’s most iconic brands engage their people, customers and communities by connecting them with causes they care about.
As a B Corp, we’re thrilled to be part of the next wave of companies that are committed to higher social and sustainability standards—a commitment you’ll see reflected in our mission-driven culture.
If you want to feel good about going to work every day, Benevity delivers. We’re an agile, high-performing team and we need new team members—people like you—to help us continue to innovate game-changing technology, and help our raving fans (er, clients!) successfully run world-class Goodness programs that create a culture of purpose and passion while making a positive difference in the world.
Imagine using your skills to catalyze a network of 10 million+ people from hundreds of the most recognizable global brands to connect with millions of charities around the world. At Benevity, you can!
When you Work at Benevity
- You’ll have the once-in-a-career opportunity to be a part of a movement—helping some of the world’s most iconic brands drive social change and create a better employee experience that can attract, retain and engage today’s diverse workforce.
- You’ll make more than just a paycheck. You’ll have the opportunity to combine your passion with purpose every day while achieving tangible results. Just last year our team delivered nearly 1,000 feature enhancements; not to mention we’ve continued to build game-changing products while processing over $2 billion in donations and 10 million volunteer hours to 150,000 charities worldwide.
- You’ll join a high-performing, purpose-driven team that will help you advance your skills and adopt the growth mindset that’s essential to success at our company (and in everyday life). Our inclusive environment will allow you to come to work each day and be your best, most authentic self.
- You won’t find a lot of office policies and politics around here, but you will find dogs. You’ll also find a lot of passionate people who are all owners in the company. That doesn’t just mean potential equity in the company (though it means that, too!), but also a sense of responsibility and pride that we’re in this thing together.
Who you are
- You're an experienced developer who is passionate about APIs and AWS
- Your strength is in designing, building, deploying and supporting scalable, highly available cloud-based systems
- You have the ability to design and implement both applications and supporting infrastructure
- You are a self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment
- You subscribe to the idea that companies should be socially responsible
- You have the ability to think abstractly and deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems
- You enjoy and excel at mentoring and leading junior engineers, helping them develop their skills and leadership abilities
What you bring
- Post-secondary or graduate degree
- 5+ years of full software development lifecycle experience, ideally in a distributed cloud-based environment
- Minimum 3 years of hands-on experience designing and building OpenAPI compliant RESTful APIs
- Minimum 3 years of hands-on experience using AWS Lambda and API Gateway services
- Experience using infrastructure automation and orchestration tools such as Terraform and Ansible
- Experience building and supporting serverless applications in a distributed cloud-based environment
- Strong working knowledge of SQL (preferably MySQL)
- Expertise with object-oriented software design methodologies, design patterns and best practices
- Comfortable working in a Linux command-line environment and writing basic shell scripts
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
- Experience with iterative, agile development methods, processes and techniques
- Willingness to lead technical sessions and mentor colleagues in topics related to software development and architectural best practices
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail