The APC Education Director will assist leadership with the implementation of strategic and operational activities involved in the planning, design, and delivery of clinical services by APCs. The APC Education Director will work with leadership to ensure that APC's achieve pre-determined operating and productivity standards, and assume accountability for ensuring that APCs have the necessary tools, training, and organizational support to do so.
- Master's Degree
- Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant
- CPR with AED within 6 months of hire
- 5 years of APC experience
- Previous committee participation or involved in best practice work initiatives
- Develop and oversee APC career development and management. This is achieved by the creation and constant evolution of educational programs designed to fill individuals and the collective APC's knowledge, skills, and abilities. Will ensure a balance of activities to meet the various needs in a timely, efficient and effective manner.
- In collaboration with various organizational leaders and resources, will ensure the continuous evolution of the role of APC's to align with the strategic plans and goals of Core Physicians.
- Develops, coordinates, and evaluates a comprehensive and effective educational plan and strategies, in conjunction with APC, physician, and leadership, to include, but not limited to: courses and workshops, presenters, equipment and other resources to meet required professional development and clinical learning.
- Regularly evaluates the effectiveness and impact of training and development strategies via informal provider/administrative feedback and formal evaluation tools (e.g., surveys, data analysis). Adjusts the strategies as needed to accomplish the desired knowledge, skills, and practice goals of Core.
- Networks with organizations and individuals in similar roles across the nation to continually evaluate best practices for APC training and development, care delivery, etc.
- Provides oversight for the onboarding and clinical skill level analysis for APCs.
- Collaborates with the CMO to monitor and identify opportunities for improvement across quality, safety, and patient experience measures associated with APC care delivery.
- Plays an active role in individual performance management by reviewing key performance indicators and performance dashboards to ensure continuous improvement. Participates in in clinical case reviews and counseling of APCs
- Creates a supportive culture by fostering individual motivation, coaching, and training for optimum job performance, and gives direction without conflict.
10. Will be .5 FTE clinical as an APC in Core Physicians. Expected to meet all the requirements of the APC role.