The Accounts Payable (AP) Manager is responsible for the general oversight and personnel management of the Accounts Payable (AP) function for the Shared Service Center (SSC) within the North American Region (RN), as defined in the Service Level Agreement (SLA), in addition to ensuring the accuracy and completion of vendor master data maintenance, pricing and payment processes, monthly reports, vendor dispute resolution activities, and other accounting projects for purchasing and vendor account management.
- Manage the Accounts Payable (AP) function and support AP personnel for the Shared Service Center (SSC) within the United States of America.
- Perform an in-depth analysis and review of AP transactions and prepare related reports for senior management.
- Manage vendor relations, pricing, and payment activities and serve as primary liaison to the purchasing department (e.g. vendor master data maintenance, payments, invoices, negotiations etc.).
- Oversee and manage escalations for vendor dispute resolution and payment initiatives.
- Supervise the development and distribution of documentation for all AP processes and reports.
- Direct and initiate the creation of new vendor accounts.
- Evaluate company practices, policies, and procedures for pricing, vendor management, and payment.
- Conduct monthly meetings and review effectiveness of vendor account(s) management.
- Assign, check work, enforce company rules, review performance, initiate Changes-In-Status, train, develop and motivate employees, champion individual and team efforts and aid in the development of managers and professionals to achieve individual leadership and company goals and objectives.
- Lead continuous improvement programs and promote team efforts and objectives.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, formal training, reviewing professional publications, establishing and expanding professional networks, and participating in professional societies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting/Finance or related discipline
- 7+ years of experience as a financial/treasury analyst, accountant, or comparable position/experience
- 2+ years of experience with SAP and accounts payable transactions
- 2+ years of managing/directing others in addition to delegating/tracking independent work assignments and accounting-related programs
- Proven ability in ad-hoc customer and/or vendor analysis and the generation of monthly executive-level reports
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Proven organizational and project management abilities
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to work in an intercultural environment with international colleagues
- Ability to influence and engage personnel and management at multiple levels within internal and external organizations
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities and personnel
- Strong intrapersonal and listening skills
Preferred Skills and experience:
- 1+ year of experience in the Automotive industry (corporate or plant environment).
- German and/or Spanish language skills
- 5+ years of experience as a AR and/or AP manager, or comparable position/experience
Reporting to Position(s): Accounts Payable Supervisors; Accounts Payable Specialist(s); Vendor Management Specialist(s)
Physical demands and work environment: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the associate is occasionally required to stand, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools; or controls; reach with hands and arms; ascend stairs; balance; stoop; kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear taste or smell. The associate must occasionally lift and /or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to focus.
Work Environment: While performing the duties of the job, the associate is exposed to an office atmosphere with some manufacturing floor exposure.