Our Fortune 500 company client, a global leader in the commercial vehicle, financial and customer service fields is searching for an AP Accountant in their Mississauga, Ontario location.
Job Functions / Responsibilities
- Prepare monthly journal entries and participate in the month-end and year-end close process.
- Reconcile various general ledger accounts. Resolve issues on a timely basis to clear items as identified.
- Prepare regular management operational reports and analysis used internally by local Management
- Prepare regular reports tosupport greybook management reporting
- Perform accounts payable function including coding, invoice and funding processing
- Perform processing of HST, GST, PST salestaxes analysis and remittances
- Prepare periodic income taxsupportschedules for client's tax department
- Support vendor, dealer and PFSL staff queries
- Update and maintain the Fixed asset system for client's Financial Services Ltd
- Update and maintain the records retention function and local archive for archiving and retrieval
- Supportinternal, external and taxaudit requests
- Assist in Sarbanes-Oxley documentation validation and testing
- Reportdistribution, AP document filing, Journal Voucher filing, Reconciliation filing
- Assist in system or process change implementations
- Complete special projects and ad hoc analysis as assigned
Qualifications & Skills
- Minimum 2+ years relevant work experience.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, with emphasis on Excel and Access
- Strong organizational skills with ability to effectively handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills being able to work both independently and in a team setting.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Solid analytical and technical skills with strong attention to detail while maintaining a ?big picture? focus
- Understanding of accounting concepts and principles
- Has experienceworking with General Ledger and Accounts Payable
BS / BA Degree in Accounting or Finance preferred