escription:Lockheed Martin is seeking an experienced Anti-Tamper (AT) Design Engineer to join our team to design, implement, deploy, and maintain state of the art security architectures and countermeasures to protect and enable innovative new Lockheed Martin products.
Key responsibilities for this role include:
- Assess program critical technologies to ascertain required level of protection and protection approach.
- Perform System functionality definition including system states and modes, and anti-tamper and/or cyber security design features.
- Perform AT Subsystem design, to include requirements development, trade studies, implementation and maturation of AT features
- Develop model-based Systems Engineering diagrams and timing assessments to characterize system behavior for applicable use cases.
- Define Anti-Tamper capabilities related to such areas as secure software boot, crypto key handling, active sensing and system responses.
- Generate/maintain Program Protection Implementation Plans and other relevant artifacts.
- Communicate / coordinate with program leadership personnel, external customers and independent government review team personnel.
- Define procedures for Development and Production environments and create handling / operations plans specific to Program Protection implementation.
- Participate in internal and external working groups, technical interchange meetings and program milestone reviews.
- Support AT proposal and IRAD activities as necessary, to include development of Basis of Estimate (BOE) or Rough Order of Magnitude (ROM) cost estimates. Support program proposal activities.
- Develop, status, and analyze Integrated Master Schedules (IMS) for Anti-Tamper (AT) programs and/or IRAD efforts in enough detail to monitor progress, assess program status, and identify performance issues in a timely manner.
- Communicate schedule impacts and propose corrective actions to applicable stakeholders.
- Develop/maintain Earned Value Management System (EVMS) and metrics ensuring cost/schedule integration and provides monthly EV status and analysis as necessary.
- Develop recovery plans to ensure program milestones are completed in accordance with the contract requirements and LM MFC financial plans.
- Perform Subsystem risk management, to include development and execution of mitigation strategies.
Relocation: Relocation assistance is possible for this exciting position.
The Locale: Orlando is a city in the Central Florida area. This region is a great place to live and to raise a family. Central Florida offers lots of attractive residential housing options. The Greater Orlando metropolitan area is the sixth largest metro area in the southeastern United States. The climate here is warm and sunny all year long for the most part. Orlando is home to Walt Disney World, Universal Studios Florida, and SeaWorld. Orlando is also home to the second largest University in the US, the University of Central Florida (UCF). Where can you get to from Orlando? Orlando is about an hour's drive from Cocoa Beach and the "space coast" to include NASA and the Kennedy Space Center. Tampa is about 1.5 hours from Orlando. West Palm Beach is about 2.5 hours to the south and Jacksonville is about 2 hours to the northeast. Atlanta, GA is 6 hours to the northwest.
- Familiarity with the Systems Engineering process and its application to program life cycle
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience delivering written / oral presentations to program personnel and customers.
- Ability to think critically to find optimal approaches to difficult design issues.
Active Secret clearance required.
- Familiarity with, and design experience throughout the DoD systems lifecycle
- Familiarity with missile and/or fire control system design and operation.
- Systems Engineering experience with Open System Architecture design and partitioning.
- Prior embedded system design experience.
- Previous experience in the fields of Cybersecurity and/or Anti-Tamper, including system design and/or vulnerability assessment
- Good understanding of security protocol design and analysis, firmware and embedded OS design principles
- Understanding of OSI layers and associated protocols
- Understanding of NSA-approved cryptographic standards and methods. Knowledge of cryptographic solutions, to include secure boot implementations, cryptographic key management, and/or secure processing.
- Experience with program protection proposal efforts, to include development of Rough Order of Magnitude (ROM) estimates and/or Basis of Estimate (BOE)
- Knowledge of DOORS and requirements development / flow down
- Experience with Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) tools (e.g., Rational Rhapsody, Enterprise Architect), DODAF views, development of MBSE diagrams
- Active Secret clearance with a 5-year investigation
- Knowledge of AT- and Cyber-related governance, e.g., RMF, LO/CLO