$100K - $150K(Ladders Estimates)
Chicago, IL 60601
Industry: Finance & Insurance•
5 - 7 years
Posted 54 days ago
The AML Risk Intelligence Function Manager directs a team of Investigators responsible for ensuring compliance and effective operational risk controls in accordance with BMO Financial Group U.S. and BSA/AML regulatory standards and policies for a particular functional unit within Financial Intelligence.
This role is responsible for ensuring the requirements of the U.S. AML Program are maintained at a level commensurate with regulatory expectations. This role is responsible for providing oversight of functional operations to monitor, identify, research, investigate and follow up on suspicious activity involving complex money laundering and terrorist financing investigations.
The AML Risk Intelligence Manager applies in-depth understanding of enterprise customers, operations and data, AML compliance and risk control principles with sound management practices to ensure that activities are aligned with AML Program objectives and are executed in a timely, accurate and efficient manner. This role is responsible for reporting suspicious activity findings and compliance concerns to senior management.
This role is directly involved in identification and mitigation of BSA/AML risk for BMO Financial Group U.S. LE/LOB. Penalties for non-compliance related to BSA/AML offenses are severe. Criminal charges arising from any issues of non-compliance would have a significant and damaging effect on the enterprises image, reputation and shareholder value.
Oversight of Financial Intelligence Functional Unit (60%)
• Provide direction and oversight over a Financial Intelligence functional unit by managing a staff of Leads, Investigators, Analysts and/or Coordinators.
• Align operational procedures and processes with AML Program objectives to mitigate the enterprise's exposure to money laundering risk. Provide input on the design and implementation of policies, procedures and processes utilized within Financial Intelligence.
• Oversee and direct the monitoring, identification, research, analysis, investigation and follow-up of suspicious activity. Ensure that activities are reviewed in a holistic manner across the spectrum of products and services used by the customer.
• Collaborate across Financial Intelligence functions, the AML Office and Legal Entities and Lines of Business (LE/LOBs) to identify opportunities to improve compliance and resolve escalated issues. Plan and implement changes to enhance effectiveness.
• Ensure appropriate and timey follow-up of identified issues.
• Ensure adherence to documentation requirements. Perform periodic reviews of operations and initiatives to ensure observance of enterprise and regulatory policies.
• Report concerns and status of AML compliance to senior management. Recommend follow-up actions and ways to improve to the Financial Intelligence Manager and Chief US AML Officer.
BSA/OFAC/AML Governance (20%)
• Maintain current, detailed knowledge of anti-money laundering and anti-terrorist financing matters. Utilize in-depth understanding of BSA/AML and OFAC regulatory requirements and best practices to guide decision making in execution of enterprise-wide AML objectives.
• Develop and maintain a high level of expertise in BSA, OFAC, USA PATRIOT Act and related regulations, directives and guidance.
• Provide direction to Financial Intelligence and other AML staff regarding emerging issues and interpretation of regulations.
• Serve as an AML subject matter expert for LE/LOBs on BSA/AML monitoring.
• Identify possible enhancements to AML monitoring tools and processes and communicate them to the Financial Intelligence Manager.
Development of High-Performing Team (20%)
• Recruit, lead, manage and develop a diverse team of Leads, Investigators, Analysts and/or Coordinators using effective training, performance assessment and coaching
• Provide planning, leadership and direction to employees in order to align tasks and assignments with AML, Compliance, and enterprise goals and objectives.
• Provide leadership and oversight in the recruitment, selection, retention, rewarding and development of employees.
• Ensure fair administration of Human Resources policies and procedures.
• Apply the BMO Financial Groups U.S.'s performance management system to subordinates, including establishing goals and objectives, assessing skills and knowledge gaps, allocating resources to achieve objectives and close gaps, and assessing personal effectiveness.
• Prior law enforcement experience preferred
• 5+ years of prior BSA/OFAC & Compliance experience, with 2-3 years in a leadership role preferred
• Bachelor's degree
• Maintaining or pursuing an AML-related certification (e.g., CAMS)
• Expert knowledge of AML and OFAC regulatory requirements
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong project management and organizational skills
Valid Through: 2019-9-24