Not Specified years
Posted 394 days ago
We’re looking for an “Antenna Test Range Project Manager” in Atlanta, GA. This is very interesting engineering position for a hands-on individual within some exposure to the antenna test and measurement or EMC industry. The key function of the Project Manager is to support clients with project requirement definitions, project planning, and project installation and implementation. This position is ideal if you have skills with Antennas, electromagnetics, telecommunications, Project Engineer, Project Management, RF, test and measurement engineering.
1. 2-10 years’ experiencepreferred
2. Knowledge in EMC , Radio Frequency (RF) and Antenna fields is a plus. Metrology and/or Antenna / EMC Measurement experience is highly valued.
3. Experience with network analyzers, spectrum analyzers and wireless communication protocols and test instruments preferred
4. Some civil services, or civil engineeringexperience will also be highly valued. As an example, candidates with an understanding of building codes, electrical / structural and fire marshal requirements of the city/state is desirable
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
1. Manage projects to ensure that the projects remain within the agreed scope, schedule, budget, and quality
2. Act as the liaison between the customer and other parties contributing to the project, including other affiliate offices, and external contractors alike. This will include civil engineering and mechanical services
3. Define and follow up on the production schedule
4. Coordinate purchasing and logistic actions related to the project, including management of any subcontractors utilized
5. Participate in new system installations and calibrations at customer sites, providing assistance and clear guidance to the installation team as needed to ensure proper equipment installation
6. Perform validation tests after installation, insure project reporting requirements are fulfilled, and review the results of the calibration & installation with the calibration engineer and the customer 7. Review the completion of the project with the customer and provide feedback and reports to the Project Manager
SKILLS REQUIRED TO PERFORM THE DUTIES OF THE JOB
1. Ability to prioritize, schedule, and execute activities to efficiently accomplish tasks
2. Flexibility and adaptability to rapidly adjust tasks and travel priorities, according to customer needs
3. Capability and self-motivation to rapidly assimilate information, expand knowledge base, and develop core competencies. Applicant should be self-driven, seeking to assume responsibility and follow-through tasks to completion
4. Good interpersonal skills and customer-centric attitude
5. Ability to multitask and manage more than one project at the time
6. Capability to work within multi-disciplinary teams, and forge strong relationships in the process
7. Excellent oral and written communication skills
8. Must possess excellent computer skills, including knowledge of MS office and other common computer SW products (C# programming and MatLab experience are a plus).
9. Ability to problem solve, and perform diagnostic repairs on our sophisticated equipment (reading schematics, troubleshooting, and interacting with technical support to identify problems)
10. Good “hands-on” mechanical skills and/or aptitude.
LIFTING OR OTHER PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM THE DUTIES OF THE JOB:
1. Ability to lift at least 50 pounds over your head
2. Able to stand for long periods of time
3. Able to sit for long periods of time
- A Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering, Electronics or similar field
- 3-8 years’ experience in RF, Antenna, Metrology or Telecommunication industry preferred - (This is NOT an entry level position)
- Some experience with network analyzers, spectrum analyzers, and wireless communication protocols and test instruments is necessary
- Travel within the USA. Some limited international travel.
This position is a growth oriented opportunity, and will give the candidate an opportunity to grow their knowledge within Telecommunications, RFtechnologies, Antenna design, verification, and test & measurement (anechoic chambers) industries, as well as the certification procedures.