- Utilizes strong product and industry knowledge and understanding of competitive trends to help determine marketing strategies and positioning.
- Works closely with the sales desks, field management and wholesalers to help understand training and marketing material needs.
- Works with team to develop adviser and client facing product materials that promote a deeper understanding of product features and benefits.
- Partners with Product Management to identify and document field marketing needs and support (such as competitive analysis, case studies, etc.).
- Develops product marketing materials, trainings and field communications to support product and illustration changes.
- Develops product and sales concept presentations with a focus on field leaders, advisers and sales support- coordinate with internal stakeholders.
- Ongoing study and understanding of our product portfolio and how it fits into our marketing strategy and long-term business objectives.
- Partner with team members and other departments such as field offices, Compliance, the sales desks, product trainers and corporate marketing by responding to requests, providing feedback and offering consultative advice.
- Develop and maintain strong internal relationships to understand the sales process and gain insights and feedback.
- Acts as a resource to other areas in the company, especially the sales desk, wholesalers/trainers and field leaders.
- Completes regulatory and job training requirements and complies with all company and site policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Ability to work with others in a collaborative team environment.
- Ability to stay positive and productive working in a fast paced environment with tight deadlines
- Strong work ethic, commitment to excellence and proven ability to take ownership of assignments and projects.
- Ability to adapt quickly to change.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong organizational and time management discipline.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong influencing and collaboration skills.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written) and attentive listening skills.
- Analytic, logical and creative thinking.
- Willingness to learn new skills and make suggestions for process/procedure improvement.
- A minimum of 3 years related experience or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Financial services industry and product-marketing experience required – annuity and/or life insurance experience preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in helping to develop and execute marketing plans.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience.