As the Animation Director you will be responsible for the gameplay animation content for an entire project. This role will also ensure the visual elements are credible and in line with the overall game vision in an effort to maximize the player’s experience.
Type of Position: Permanent, full-time.
The main and routine tasks of the Animation Director are to:
- Set out the artistic charter for the entire game based on the creative direction (reference films, competitors’ games, design documents) by developing visual concepts and remaining aware of the quality of the data integration in the engine
- Communicate expectations of the artistic vision to the team in regards to quality and content through appropriate visual references and documents describing the artistic direction
- Validate the work carried out by the team to ensure that quality objectives are met and that the elements produced are in line with the game’s vision and the artistic charter by making the vision accessible and ensuring that it is well understood
- Ensure the project’s direction is followed by working in close collaborationwith the project manager, Technical Director (TD) and the programming team
- Help plan the work in collaboration with the person who oversees planning based on the scope of each task and the impact on his team in order to find the right compromise between the desired quality and the delivery constraints (time, cost, resources, etc.)
- Direct the actors during mocap sessions in order to follow the artistic vision in order to optimize the production of the animators.
- Diploma in game-oriented 3D animation technique or any other equivalent training or experience.
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in video game animation;
- Must have shipped a minimum of 1-2 AAA games.
- Shows leadership;
- Problem-solving skills and able to express ideas;
- Capacity to clearly communicate an artistic vision;
- Attention to detail;
- Good artistic judgment;
- Autonomy and ethics in proactive work;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to adapt to change.