Your tasks and responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of this role, Bayer Animal Health Senior Security Specialist are to:
- Act as the Subject Matter Expert on security, emergency response, and property conservation/loss control matters but will be expected to also participate in occupational safety/health and environmental projects as needed;
- Assist in the guidance of the contractsecurity force at the site campus to ensure the Company’s Security Policies and Procedures are implemented and followed;
- Provide oversight over the access control system, identification systems, key and core locking systems, crisis management activities with the site campus, security policies and procedures, and property conservation/loss control systems (e.g., fire suppression, etc.);
- Promote and facilitate a culture valuing safety and security through creation and implementation of procedures, training, tools, and interaction across all organization levels;
- Coordinate and/or participate in site assessments to include security vulnerability, property conservation/loss control, occupational health/safety and/or environmental topics;
- Take appropriate action in case of accidents, criminal incidents, or various other types of emergencies and submit detailed reports on all incidents to management;
- Provide regional securitysupport to St. Joseph, MO distribution warehouse site;
- Establish and maintain close working relationships with external federal, state and local law enforcement partners while actively participating in community securitynetworks.
Who you are
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE (Leadership, Integrity, Flexibility, and Efficiency) values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Criminal Justice, Security Administration, Risk Management or related field with a minimum of five years’ experience (preferably in a supervisory role) in an industrial/corporate security function;
- Proficiency in PC-based skills (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint);
- Must possess strong oral, written, presentation and interpersonal communication skills and be able to effectively interact with all levels of management in a highly matrixed organizational structure;
- Familiarity with fire suppression and other property conservation/loss control systems;
- Knowledge of security access control systems operation, policies and procedures;
- Ability to effectively prioritize and anticipate needs while managing complexity and ambiguity;
- Willingness to travel within the United States as required for special projects and/or to attend meetings/conferences (anticipate <10%).
- Military experience;
- Experience with implementation of comprehensive safety and security management systems.