Your tasks and responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of this role, Bayer Animal Health Farm Animal Product Category Manager are:
- Provide an ongoing analysis of the brand and competitive environment. Draws accurate conclusions from financial and other quantitative data, and effectively uses quantitative data to make sound recommendations. Presents quantitative data in a useful manner for planning or decision-making. (Includes: business case development, campaign evaluation/debrief, basis for forecasting assumptions);
- Identify and recommends key initiatives for current range and future product development opportunities that fit the assigned brand(s) based on knowledge gained from an in-depth understanding of the brand and category, as well as knowledge of channel and consumer insights and dynamics;
- Manage projects and execution of brand initiatives. Fosters cross-functional collaboration while ensuring that projects/initiatives meet timelines. Ability to communicate Marketing’s strategy/goals/must-wins cross- functionally in order to help advance decision-making and project stages;
- Work to administer a sound and realistic budget. Fosters effective communication between marketing and finance team so that all financial aspects of the brand initiatives are accurately captured. Identifies potential shifts in spending as category/brand initiatives and priorities change throughout the plan;
- Work closely with multiple agencies to communicate brand strategy and ensures that the strategy are reflected in the executional plan. Continuously track and understand effectiveness of media and make adjustments when necessary;
- Provide demand-forecasting manager with recommendations and insights based on knowledge gained from a working forecasting model, and connect information provided by the brand's cross-functional team.
Who you are
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing and/or other related business management discipline.
- Prior P&L responsibility in a marketing role or typical knowledge and skills normally acquired in 6+years of marketing experience including professional channel, direct to consumer communication and utilizing consumer insights to recommend brand strategy.
- Critical Skills include:
- Manages Complexity- The ability to perform well and thrive in fluid work environment as pertains to projects, priorities and time lines. The ability to manage multiple projects/responsibilities and make sound judgments concerning prioritization while doing the utmost to adhere to established timelines;
- Planning and Alignment - It is essential to be able to establish sound plans and achieve organizational alignment for their implementation;
- Project management- the ability to manage diverse projects, timeline and execution, in an efficient and effective manner;
- Collaborates – Must demonstrate strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build positive working relationships and lead by influence;
- Customer Focus- Keep customer needs first in a constantly evolving market place by identifying opportunities, defining solutions and developing/executing programs and campaigns. In addition, successfully support the needs of key internal stakeholder groups (sales force, veterinary services);
- Critical Thinking- The ability to perform in-depth analysis, demonstrate sound business judgment and make recommendations based on strong financial and quantitative skills;
- Strong Interpersonal Skills- The ability to build positive working relationships and lead by influence;
- Communication- Fosters open communication, preparing written communication, speaking and presenting effectively;
• MBA with a minimum of four years’ work experience in marketing management.