Description of major duties and responsibilities of the role.
- Provide strategic guidance and supervise Product Managers who report to this position.
- Provide technical sales support, product education and sales guidance to Customer Service, product sales representatives and dealers.
- Provide technical interface with physicians and various hospital personnel regarding the existing product line and new products
- Administer and coordinate the marketing portion of new products, new applications and product improvements programs, interfacing with physicians, representatives and dealers, and Engineering. Conduct market surveys, market research, and coordinate product evaluations as required by Strategic marketing.
- Participate in developing advertising and sales promotion programs, brochures, ads, slides, posters, and specifications booklets.
- Plan and attend major conventions and sales meetings.
- Participate in developing the annual marketing and operating plans for the category
- Achieve annual sales plan and income targets for Product Center.
- Develop pricing strategy and achieve price increase determined by the operating plan.
- Perform other duties as assigned by manager.
- Adhere to and ensure the adherence of Teleflex Code of Ethics, all Company policies, rules, procedures, and housekeeping standards.
This position requires direct contact with an implantable device. ? Yes ? No
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Minimum level of education/experiencerequired.
- Four (4) year university degreerequired
- Advanced degrees and certifications preferred
- 5+ years marketing experience
- 1+ years direct management experience
- Demonstrable leadership experience managing commercialization initiatives in the medical device industry
SPECIALIZED SKILLS & OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
Additional preferred or requiredqualifications.
- Ability to lead and motivate a group towards common goals / objectives
- Strong strategic, critical thinking skills with ability to translate to effective tactical initiatives
- Ability to work with colleagues to drive consensus on decisions
- Ability to drive focus, prioritization and effective time / project management
- Positive, ambitious, action oriented
- Ability to present his/her "case" in both formal presentati ons and in one-on-one interactions.
- Strong formal and informal communication skills
- Self-starter, know-how to approach the job, passionate about the industry
- Understand medical regulatory landscape
- Highly developed business acumen
- Demonstrate practical application of successful marketing / business / portfolio management concepts and methodologies, as well as assessment tools, practices and techniques
- Knowledge of measurement and analysis of commercial effectiveness
- Unquestionable ethics and integrity
- Exhibit skills and knowledge in public speaking, human relations, collaborative leadership and education trends
- Excellent relationship building and collaborative skills
TRAVEL REQUIRED: 20 %
Teleflex is a global provider of specialty medical devices used for a range of procedures in critical care and surgery. We serve hospitals and clinicians in more than 130 countries with well known, trusted brands in vascular access, general and regional anesthesia, urology, respiratory care, cardiac care, and surgery.
We also provide products and services for device manufacturers. Our products are designed to cost effectively provide clinical benefits and enable healthcare providers to improve outcomes and enhance patient and provider safety.