Tumblr is seeking an experienced Engineering Manager, with strong technical instincts, to lead theAndroid Core engineering team. This team, along with a few Product oriented groups, is responsible for building an amazing Tumblr experience on the Android platform.
What you’ll do:
- Meet regularly with the engineers on the Android team to discuss project progress, internal processes, career development, mentoring, and general satisfaction.
- Help set team goals and technical direction while ensuring that they align with the goals ofthe larger organization.
- Take a leadership role in determining technical policies for developing our Android applications.
- Continue to be active in the development process itself—writing and reviewing code.
- Help hire, onboard, and train new members of the Android team.
- Create an environment in which your team members are continuously challenged and exposed to new opportunities.
What we're looking for:
- A history of shipping Android software.
- Several years of serving in either an engineering management role or a team lead role.
- Deep understanding of Android & Java design patterns and API design.
- An appreciation for pragmatism and simplicity in code.
- Knowledge of Android performance techniques.
- A strong product and design sensibility.
- Enthusiasm for Tumblr as a product.
- A good sense of humor and a love of collaboration.