PagerDuty is the leading digital operations management platform for businesses. Our SaaS-based solution empowers over 10,000 small, mid-size and enterprise global customers. They rely on our mobile apps to gain insight and respond to critical disruptions on the go. PagerDuty on mobile is trusted by hundreds of users every single day - we need people who are passionate to help us shape the way others see mobile in the incident management space.
We are not afraid to use the latest and greatest tools and languages for our live production apps to deliver a great experience to our customers' Android phones, tablets, and wearable devices. We're looking for an Android Engineer to join our Mobile Engineering group. As a member of the team, you will use your understanding of the Android platform to make the PagerDuty mobile experience the best it can possibly be.
We've got a great foundation, but need your help to build the next generation of our Android applications! You will get a chance to work in all of our mobile code bases and the APIs that power them.
How You Contribute to Our Vision: Key Responsibilities
- You will design and implement new user-facing features on the Android platform
- Build and develop the core mobile infrastructure and tooling around the mobile frameworks
- You will help drive and define mobile standards by participating in code reviews
- Collaborate with product and UX to deliver the highest quality mobile experiences to all of our supported devices
About You: Skills and Attributes
- You have experience with Kotlin, Java, Android SDK and Android Studio
- You have an understanding of Activity/Fragment management and lifecycles, Intents, Broadcast Receivers and Callbacks
- You have an understanding of Android's common software design patterns and libraries
- You have at least 3 years developing web and/or mobile applications with REST-based APIs
- You are fearlessly self-driven
- You are insightful - you can clearly communicate your thoughts and opinions to others
- You have knowledge of Android performance tools and optimization techniques
- Knowledge or prior experience with RxJava and Retrofit
- Exposure to Android testing with Robotium or Espresso
- You've built a mobile app (even if it was just for fun and not launched in the Play Store)
- Knowledge of MVVM application design and reactive, touch-based UI
- Development experience working on customer-facing and web frameworks, such as Ruby on Rails, Django, CakePHP, or similar
- Contributions to open source projects (doesn't have to be mobile-related)
- You have an eye for sleek design