Maps are no longer static. Our maps represent the ever-evolving world, accessing, aggregating, and adapting anonymous data from millions of sensors and phones in real-time. Mapbox has the exciting opportunity to power devices and products across the next frontier in location-based data, such as Internet of Things and AR/VR.
Whether you’re watching the delivery of your grocery order on Instacart, looking at a gym on ClassPass, sending your snaps on Snapchat, tracking your personal best on Strava, monitoring your gas budget on Metromile, or checking today’s forecast on The Weather Channel, Mapbox is the location and maps within those apps. We’re changing how people move by live-mapping the world. We are the developer platform for location.
What You’ll Do
- Build tools for GPS tracking and sensor fusion
- Implement directions APIs and the timing of turn instructions
- Triage bug fixes
- Work with our sales team and assist priority customers directly
- Create the future of our Android SDKs
What We Believe are Important Traits for This Role
- Creativity and discipline
- Experience coding in Java, Kotlin, and/or C++. Espresso, Retrofit, and Material Design
- Ability to recognize the time scale involved in mobile development and deployment, in maintaining APIs, and engaging communities around code
- Strong interest in open source
- Excited by the future of mobile and how it’s defining the new tech ecosystem and to be part of building the mobileexperience for the next billion users
- Desire to learn and to teach
- Open-minded to explore new languages, skills, techniques, and platforms
What We Value
- We value high performing creative individuals who dig into problems and opportunities.
- We believe in individuals being their whole selves at work. We commit to this through supportive health care, parental leave, flexibility for the things that come up in life, and innovating on how we think about supporting our people.
- We emphasize an environment of teaching and learning to equip employees with the tools needed to be successful in their function and the company.
- We strongly believe in the value of growing a diverse team and encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply.