Who You Are:
You’re a natural ringleader who loves to get in the weeds and live on the cutting edge of mobiletechnologies. In addition to your solid coding skills, you organize like a librarian with a flair for the user-friendly, advanced-user experience. This position combines both the architecture and implementation of Androidmobile libraries. You will push the state-of-the-art for indoor map presentation and indoor positioning features for mobile applications. Key areas of responsibility include technical team leadership, architecting mobile libraries, instilling best practices for UI and UX, and collaborative end-to-end implementation of features with our web services and analytics teams.
What You’ll Do:
- Extend the implementation of our Androidmobile libraries to enable rapid, effective adoption of our platform capabilities for indoor maps, store-mode search and offer recommendation, line and text routing, positioning
- Write solid code from scratch in Java or C/C++ to meet functional and performance objectives
- Extend our SVG parsing and rendering to implement layering effects, perspective views, and interactivity in maps
- Create concise, intuitive, and efficient customer facing APIs
- Demonstrate advanced UI and UX experiences on Android utilizing our platform and mobile libraries
- Collaborate with other engineers and product owners on new features for Android
- Write code that enables strong authentication and robust authorization
- Triage and troubleshoot complex customer service issues
What You’ll Bring:
- 4+ years professional software design and development using Java & C/C++
- 2+ years writing and supporting mobile applications
- Four or more commercial Android applications where you were a key contributor
- Design and delivery experience as a technical lead across multiple projects 3 months or longer in duration
- Creative, you want to push past conventions when you see meaningful potential
- Fluency in one or more scriptinglanguages including Ruby, Shell, Python, or Perl
- Experience with Agile/Scrum
- OpenGL experience is a plus
- Mobile game development experience is a plus; mobile web experience a big plus
- Degree in mathematics, Computer Science or equivalent
Who We Are:
Point Inside helps retailers put the power of digital information in the hands of the connected shopper and store associate so retailers can help them navigate product and fulfillment choices. As the lines between physical and online shopping continue to blur, shoppers want the ability to see, touch, and try merchandise and then conveniently purchase through multiple channels.
Retailers who have digital access to information about products, brands, and shoppers gain visibility across the organization and unveil insights to make every operational task easier. Providing an experience that combines digital and physical aspects of stores helps retailers deliver a truly unified retailexperience that results in more sales, better use of labor and increased loyalty.
Are you all about creating a better experience for others? Let's talk.
Some of the Many Ways We Say 'Thank You':
- Comprehensive health and life benefits package
- Eight company-paid holidays and generous paid time off
- 401(k) with company match
- Parking / Commuting subsidy
- Plenty of treats and drinks